Dear Brynley,
You turned THREE months old today!
You are quite my chubba wubba now and I love it! Here are your stats:
Date:
December 13, 2011
Age:
3 Months
Weight:
10lbs 8oz (gained 2 lbs since last month) in the 50th% (this was all from last month but I'm guessing she's over 11 lbs now)
Height:
22 inches (grew 1 and 1/2 inches since last month) in the 50th% (again this was all from last month but I can definitely tell how much taller you've gotten!)
2 vs 3 Months
Head:
15 1/2 inches in the 75% (confused bc I must have had wrong measurements last month considering I thought Brynley was in the 10th% and now she's in the 75th%) (still all details from last month since we don't go to the Pedo office again until January, but I'm guessing a tad larger like everything else.)
Clothes:
Some 0-3 and 3-6 size onesies
Diaper Size:
Size 1 Pampers Swaddlers
Brynley you have experienced your first Halloween, Thanksgiving, and we can't wait for your first Christmas this month too! So far, each month we learn more and more about you little girl and I just love everything there is about having a girl.
Dr Appt: We don't go back to the Pedo office again until January, so we will have to see what our new Dr says at that visit. I don't really have many questions this time around, and we can definitely tell that you're gaining weight which is a good sign that you're getting plenty to eat!Eating/Favorite Foods:
Yes, speaking of eating.. check out my milk supply I'm now storing mostly at Nana and PawPaw's deep freezer! I don't know what I'd do without their freezer because we started running out of storage and had more frozen breastmilk than we had food! I'm pumping every 3 hours, somedays more often than others depending if I'm able to or not. I have discovered pumping on the go, and have been blessed to still have a good milk supply since I'm pretty much solely pumping and bottle feeding. I still offer to let you nurse, but I think we're out of practice! You're still eating every 3 hours except for middle of the night, when we let you determine when to eat. You're still on a feeding schedule of 5ish am, 8am, 11am, 2pm, 5pm, bath at 7:30 pm and night time bottle by 7:45 or 8pm, but lately it seems that you get hungrier sooner so we have varied the times some. You do really well with both breast milk and now Similac formula, which we have given a few times now. You're drinking 4 oz at every feeding, and lately seem to want 5 oz.
Sleeping:
Not much has changed on this end, as far as sleeping is concerned. I think you may have even regressed a bit which made things hard when Daddy came home from his business trip! We like to get at least 5 hours of solid sleep in, anyway we can, but lately you want to go only every 3 hours during the night which has been hard. I know this has to be your 3 month growth spurt, but I say that every week ha! You take a good nap by 9:30 and another around 12:30, but after that you fuss quite a bit and take only short naps until finally going down for bed between 7:30 and 8pm.
You still like to lay on your tummy time blankie and play with various toys. You are starting to like to play more and have started grabbing things on your own, and I have even seen you put the toys in your mouth!
Still not a big fan of Tummy Time, but we're getting there. You keep attempting to roll from your back to belly and I keep saying it's gonna be any day now!
Playtime:
You've also started liking to snuggle your little teddy and other baby stuffed animals which is so sweet! Ryder loves to snuggle on you too, and we've discussed with him that he needs to let you play with them because they're yours. Don't worry I know you'll get him back one of these days wanting to play with his toys too! You still like the Bumbo chair and playing under the activity mat, but you don't have much of an attention span for anything just yet. I'm still your favorite toy! You do love Paci though thank goodness!
Big Achievements:
At three months old, biggest achievements would be sleeping through the night once (just a fluke but still), doing a great job holding your head up, and grabbing things on your own. In just a month I've seen such a difference in your personality, giggling and laughing out loud. This makes my Momma heart smile! We do have our days of fussy spells and days where we just make you laugh and coo, but I love every minute of it and I can't believe how we've gotten to three months already!
Happy THREE MONTHS baby girl!
Love,
Mommy

oh how I love her B dress! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!
ReplyDeletewww.buildinganewhive.blogspot.com
What a cutie she is in that dress and look at that big girl holding her head up! But seriously, I may cry at your milk supply holy geez girlie. Maybe you need to comment on my breast feeding advice post. ha!
ReplyDeleteBrynley sounds SO much like Sula! Except Sula has been eating about every 1.5 hours - 2 hours about 2-3 ounces a time. I think that might be part of our sleep problem so I have started making her go three hours. It has not been fun but she takes four ounces. I am desparate to get some sleep at night so hopefully it works! She is precious. Cant believe she is three months!
ReplyDelete