Monday, December 26, 2011

Blonde Moment Monday: Christmas Eve Edition

  • Well guys, it's officially the day after Christmas and we started our day the same way we did on the day after Thanksgiving.
  • Listening to Christmas music and taking down the tree and decorations that we had so carefully and festively put up just a few weeks ago. It always makes me sad to take down and box all of our Christmas stuff up, but I also look forward to the New Year and all of the fun we'll have on New Years Eve!
  • Did ya'll have a fab Christmas??
  • I had the best Christmas! It was a challange with a 3 month old, and Brynley proved to be a bit fussier than usual because of all of the laughing and talking going on, but it was a great day!
  • I ate so much food yesterday, but was very proud of myself for making it to the gym this morning. The gym was dead and I was able to burn some of the calories I consumed over the past two days.
  • Fortunately (unfortunate for my hips ha!) my mom gave us plenty of leftovers to keep and some of those include her famous candy bar chocolate cake, strawberry pretzel dessert, baklava my brother left, homeade turkey gravy and all the fixins' and my Grannie's macaroni & cheese.
  • I have so many pictures to share and so many memories that were made, I just don't have the time to post them all right now, so for starters here's some pictures from Christmas Eve.
  •  Sibling pictures before heading off to Christmas Eve service at the Cove church.


  • And a family one of course!


  • Carriage rides once we got to church


  • Beautiful Live Nativity scene..and having a new baby of my own really made me appreciate what it must have been like back in Mary's time!

  • My sweet fam, including my Grannie accompanied us to church
  • There was fresh popped Kettle corn to munch on, apple cider, and coffees before attending service
  • We were seated and I had never been to a Christmas Eve service with more people than this years! It was nuts, but I was also happy to see so many people there, and maybe one of them came to know Christ.
  • As usual, Brynley was a doll until the service started, so I made about 3 trips back out to the front of the church, trying to soothe her before I was finally able to go back in and enjoy the service. She fell asleep thankfully, but I sure struggled with her to get her to sleep!
  • After church we grabbed Chinese takeout and headed home to get ready for Santa
  • We let Ryder lay out the reindeer food, which he ended up dumping out in one big clump in our driveway ha!
  • Followed by getting out the cookies we'd made for Santa

  • Ryder carefully lays the cookies out
  • And he's satisfied with his job well done
  • No such luck in getting a great pic of these two in their Christmas jammies, but it still makes me smile!

  • It made my Momma heart smile after we snuggled and read Christmas stories and ended the night reading Luke 2 from the Bible. Once we'd put both kids to bed, and after checking to make sure they were all settled, it was time for Santa to come!
  • I was so excited to see Ryder's reaction Christmas morning. Complete with snow!
  • It was such a fun day and I will be posting more pictures from Christmas soon.
  • For now, all this talk about leftovers has made me hungry and I have just enough time before waking Brynley for her next feeding ha!

2 comments:

  1. They look so adorable in their Christmas Eve attire! Ah, talk about calories =/ I so need to get into a gym. I think it is adorable that you left snow with his gifts! What a great idea! Hope your Christmas was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great Christmas! I love Brynley's dress. Aren't girls so fun? You have a beautiful family =) And how fun that you have carriage rides at church!! I have never heard of such a thing but what a great idea! Also loving the nativity scene and I agree about how being a mother changes your perspective on Christmas. It's always been special to me, but it's hard not to imagine what Mary must have been thinking, or feeling.

    ReplyDelete