Yes, I realize the title to this post may contradict one another, but in our house we celebrate BOTH at Christmas!
To kick off our festive fun this month, we have had cookie play dates, Christmas Programs at Ryder's preschool, read lots of Christmas books and baked lots of Christmas goodies. We've decorated the house and decked the halls with boughs of holly, made homeade hot cocoa to share with Santa.
topped with whipped cream, of course!
Baked more cookies for Santa and ended up eating more than we could count!
We even got ready for Santa's hungry reindeer, and are excited to leave a trail outside to our house before leaving our cookies and milk out for tonight!
Made finger puppet Nativity set and talked about the true meaning of Christmas, made 3 Wisemen crafts and played with Mary and "Jofes". Celebrated baby Jesus and talked about why we get presents at Christmas each year.
Opened gifts from Grammy & Grampa who live in Florida and weren't able to celebrate with us this year. A Batman cave for Ryder, "Just what I wanted!!", he exclaimed!
and a sweet bracelet for Brynley!
Enjoyed a Christmas open house party last night with my fellow MOPS friends I met this year.
Overall, it has been the best Christmas season of my life and I am so blessed for my friends and family! We are planning to meet my family and get together for church to attend Christmas Eve service in just a few hours, and have dinner afterwards, and then I have to prepare my Praline French toast for tomorrow's breakfast! I'm so excited for tomorrow morning and can't wait to get things ready for Santa too. Merry Christmas Eve :)

Such great ideas!! You are so good with thinking of fun things to do!
ReplyDelete