December 27th, 2011
15 Weeks Old
Brynley turned 15 weeks old today, and what a difference a week makes! She is officially done with her crazy 3 month growth spurt that took a toll on all of us, and I think it took the past week to recover from. We had moved her up to her own room, and Scot and I started taking turns each night with her early am feeding. She's down to just one early morning feeding which is either between 12:30 or 2 (depends on the night), but she usually goes right back down and wakes by 5:30ish and then settles again before we wake for the day by 7:30 (sometimes 8). I've really tried to do the 3 hour feedings but somedays I find myself running 15 minutes behind. We do what we can, but I've learned the girl is still going to do what she wants no matter what! I'll take any sleep I can get though, and I'm so happy she's at least sleeping for naps and longer stretches during the night now! Whew!
This week, I'm really loving all the squealing she's been doing!
And the laughing out loud, and hearing that sweet girlie giggle!
She's really been reaching out and grabbing onto things, including her new Sophie the Giraffe toy she got from Nana for Christmas. Of course the hard part has been keeping Ryder and Tucker from thinking its their toy to play with!
Another favorite toy Brynley got for Christmas is this sweet sea horse that lights up and plays soft music. She really stops fussing and I think it really soothes her. It reminds me of my favorite glow worm I used to have that would light up and also played lullaby music. I wanted to get one for Brynley, but they only had blue ones, so I went with this cute sea horse instead. My mom also got Brynley her first Cabbage Patch doll, which I left in the box until she's old enough to play with. It's so cute! She went with the synthetic hair instead of the vintage yarn hair, and she's adorable and has blonde hair like Brynley. Can you tell I love everything about having a girl of my own? After my own heart already!
Among other things this week, Brynley has really taken off with her rolling! I swear she almost rolled to her stomach so I had my camera ready just in case, but she was just doing side rolls. Practicing I guess ha! She was so proud of herself and each time, she would roll and try to reach for her feet. Here are some of the things I've really noticed Brynley doing this week!
Squealing,
Laughing out loud,
side rolling,
grabbing everything and starting to want to eat my hair! Looks like I'm going to have to start wearing it up from now on.
She loves playing "Super Baby" and anticipates pulling herself up from the floor to a sitting position.
Brynley stands when we hold her up and is getting so strong!
There's been LOTS of spitting up though, and she goes through 2-3 outfit changes now too!She is so cute, and mimicks everything we say and do. She wants to talk to us so bad!
It was so fun to celebrate her first Christmas over the past week, and my first Christmas as her Mommy!
It just makes me so happy to see her with Ryder and just how much they seem to love one another. I have noticed Brynley taking him all in and just soaking it all up! She was being so cute with him cooing, and smiling! I got the cutest video of them together and I love seeing my babies interacting so sweet!
I can't say enough great things about having this sweet baby girl in my life, and I love being her Mommy. I love all of the smiles and shrills and shrieks out of her too. She just looks up at me like I am the best thing in the world, and I can't get enough of her either. My face hurts because I find myself smiling at her so much ha! I love everything about having a boy, and now I find myself loving everything about a baby girl. They truly are so different in their own way.
It seems that Brynley is wanting to eat more milk during each feeding, so we are now offering 5 oz instead of 4 oz. Last night I gave her a 6oz bottle of breastmilk with 3/4 scoop of formula added to it, and she almost drank the entire bottle! I'd like to say she slept through the night after eating so much, but she was still up by 2:30. Again, I'll take what sleep I can get. I brought her back down to sleep in her Pack N Play because I hated running upstairs to do the feeding and then run back to settle her again if I needed. I told Scot he could have her upstairs on his nights to feed her, but this worked better for me so I could fall back to sleep better. And maybe I like having her there nearby too. I'm so happy that we can lay her on her back under the activity mat and she actually plays a few minutes by herself now! This is huge progress from the tiny baby that would cry and cry if laid down by herself. It's also nice that she doesn't get hiccups and wail anymore, because they made her so upset. I would say this has been a great week and I'm probably jinxing myself as we speak.
Brynley you bring so much joy to my life and I continue to enjoy each day that we spend together. I love you so much and I just laugh at so many things you do. You already have such an energy about you and seem so spirited! You kick your legs so fast when you get excited about something, and you get so animated. Your Daddy and brother love you so much and it is so sweet to see them interact with your pink frills and bows, and play babies with you. I'm so used to balls and trains and trucks, so it's been so fun to add some girly things to the mix! You continue to wait until Daddy holds you to give out your biggest blowouts. That's my girl ha! I've taught you well. I can't wait for the New Year and all of the months to follow as we enjoy each new stage you enter. Happy 15 weeks baby girl!
Love,
Mommy
oh Laura she is such a doll!! 3-6 months was SOO much fun with Gracie! I won't lie, the 7th and 8th month were hard for me because she didn't sleep, haha. I love it when their little personalities start to shine through. And you always dress her so darn cute! ~Andrea @ Life in Dawleywood
ReplyDeleteShe is so dang cute!
ReplyDeleteShe is 15 weeks which means Max is 16, ugh! Where is the time going?!
I am loving this new phase!! The squealing is so precious and just kills me! Brynley just keeps getting cuter and cuter (if thats possible :)) I am still trying the three hour schedule but am flexible. Sula is already too strong willed to stick to it rigorously, ha!
ReplyDelete