Today Brynley turned 12 weeks ya'll! Twelve WEEKS! Seriously, when she was born I remembering telling myself during the endless feedings every hour "Laura if you can just make it to 12 weeks it's all downhill from there!" ha.. and look, we got here in no time! Now I'm looking back at that teeny newborn and wishing the time to just slowww down.
December 6th, 2011 Twelve Weeks
Miss B posing next to her B pillow
And just for fun, here is Brynley at 6 vs 12 weeks! Not a lot of difference, but she's definitely getting some chunkier cheeks and her head has grown yay! Her Brynley onesie was much tighter on her tummy too!
Here my baby girl is playing on her favorite tummy time blanket that her Aunt made for her. She just loves to stretch now when she isn't swaddled up for a nap, and she is just taking everything in around her.I love these big bright eyes of hers! And her sweet eyelashes that grow for miles! It doesn't get much cuter than this! Looks like that sweet curl isn't going anywhere either. It's so cute though :)
We have really discovered our hands and fingers and have them in our mouth non stop!
Which makes me think she may be teething already! My mom said both my brother and I had our first two teeth by 3 months which makes me wonder if that's going to be the case with Brynley. I felt around along her gum tissue and felt a few areas that I thought might be swollen, so we will see I guess!Miss Thang in her Bumbo! She likes it for about 5 minutes but after that she gets bored and is ready to move onto the next thing. I'd say that she likes it more than her brother did, so I'm glad we've introduced Mr Bumbo much sooner with Brynley.
Miss Curious about everything! I'm still her favorite toy though, and she just looks back at me in wonder sometimes. I'd just love to know what that little mind must be thinking about!Playing on her activity mat at my moms house over the weekend. It's funny because they had all different toys at their house and I could tell that Brynley responded differently even than the ones she does at our house, so I guess it's true what they say. That babies get bored with the same atmosphere and it's good to change their scenery often. I try to be conscious of this and change her toys out or at least offer a variety of places to do tummy time or activity mat time. We didn't let Ryder watch any tv for his first few months of life because we didn't want to overstimulate him, and we plan to do the same with Brynley, but it's hard sometimes if we are all in the living room and have the tv on for Ryder.
I loved this picture so much I had to post it again today. I'm still getting a lot of smiles from her this week, but not quite as many as I had gotten last week. I think partly because she is noticing the difference in playtime with me versus playtime with the camera so she doesn't seem to want to smile at the lens! I guess I don't blame her haha! It could also be that she was on the verge of a growth spurt and was a bit fussier earlier on in the week while Scot was away too.
More Bumbo time, and of course, her loving brother has to always be there to encourage time in the Bumbo!
Brynley has started noticing Tucker and everything else around her. He's also very curious of her too and loves her. He protects her and likes going behind smelling where she's been. He did the same thing with Ryder too until he started crawling and grabbing his fur, so I'm sure this too will be a temporary love too!
Love her sweet face! She tracks me from wherever I am in the room and notices everything now!
I'm truly blessed to be your Mom, Brynley Alison Gelinas and I love you so so much my sweet baby girl! I can't believe that you will turn 3 months next week, and I am looking forward to the many memories to come! You are such a joy to have and I enjoy spending as much time staying at home with you and your brother. You amaze me with how strong you are, and how much you look like your Daddy! I see bits of me as a baby too though, so I can't wait to see just who you will end up looking like. You are already turning from side to side, and it will be anyday now that you turn over from your back to your front! Happy 12 Weeks sweet baby girl!
Love,
Mommy

happy 12 weeks! I think your blog is adorable! I am your new follower! I would love a follow back
ReplyDeletewww.buildinganewhive.blogspot.com
I love that penguin outfit, too cute!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, she is so stinking cute! I love that you took her picture in the same outfit as her six weeks. I wish that I would have done this idea each week! Time if flying by with our little ones. It seems like yesterday I was reading your post of her only being a few days old! BTW, that little curl is PRECIOUS!
ReplyDeleteHappy twelve weeks! She is so so precious! She is really holding her head up so well!
ReplyDelete