Somehow Ryder managed to get snow all over himself ha! He had more fun playing in the "snow" than checking out his Elf on the Shelf. I've gotten a lot of great ideas for our Elf, Freddy, to get into here
Let the fun begin! Freddy has really gotten into a lot of mischief since he arrived ha! I can't wait for Ryder to watch the Elf on the Shelf movie that comes on this weekend on CBS. I think that after this past week he will really get the idea of what his Elf does and that he reports back to Santa each night.
One of the Christmas traditions I want to start each year is to let the kids open ornaments each year the night before we get our tree. This year however, I was a little late on getting their ornaments, so instead we went to Hallmark and I let Ryder pick his out. I'm sad that they are discontunuing the ones we started collecting each year with his age, but the pictured ones are the new ornaments to be replaced.
I've also let Ryder open the door of his Advent Santa each morning and some of the treats have been chocolate coins, Snoopy Christmas pad and pen, stickers, and Laffy Taffy candies. He has really enjoyed it and this Christmas has been the best celebrating with Ryder so far! I continue to remind him that the best gift of all is baby Jesus' Birthday, but I don't know how much of this he understands just yet. We had "make a gift day" this week where we colored pictures of gifts, and learned about the 3 Wiseman and he now understands why we receive gifts each Christmas. I love hearing him say Baby Jesus and I just pray that he will truly know the real reason we celebrate Christmas and not just the worldly reason.Tomorrow we have a fun playdate and cookie exchange planned, so I am making these Southern Living's Sea Salted Caramel Pecan bars (and you can add chocolate too if you want more indulgance). Can't wait to have some myself!!
Our creative son named the elf, "Mr. Elf!" I am impressed that you can leave the Elf down low. There is no way that Colt wouldnt mess with it. This is awful but today Colt was acting up so we hid the elf when he wasnt looking and told him that the elf left to tell Santa that Colt was misbehaving. Colt straightened up quickly and was on his best behavior and was SO happy when Mr Elf came back. Whoever thought of the Elf was a genious!!!
ReplyDelete