- How is it already Monday? When Scot was out of town for his last conference, I was pregnant and only had one child to tend to, plus I was getting sleep. At the time I didn't think I was, but I had obviously forgotten what 2 early morning feedings could do to a Mommy! I remember the days would drag by as I waited for Scot to return. This time around, time has flown by but I'm so ready to see my man tonight! I do not do well being away for long periods of time.
- We did survive the weekend though, and I did have the help of my mom some so that was a much needed break!
- Last night, we were all showered up and I was just getting everyone settled to unwind for bed when the doorbell rang. I wasn't going to answer at first, considering that I was alone and all, but I figured it was only 6:30 so it couldn't be that bad. It ended up being a group of Christmas Carollers from a nearby church and it totally made Ryder's night! He was standing there with me when I answered the door, and I was totally freaked out at first but after the initial shock, I thought it was so sweet!
- I laid in my old room at my moms house and got Ryder to take a nap. He was being so cute as we laid there and listened to me telling him that it used to be my old room when I was a teenager. Ryder was just soaking it all in and was very inquisitive at the thought of me being a teenager I think. My sweet boy.
- Speaking of Ryder, he has told me no less than about 15 times that he loves me. I would say that my love language is affirmation because I am always vocal about how much I love my family, and I have the need to hear it be said often too. Ryder normally tells Scot he loves him, but he gives me hugs and kisses more than verbalizing it, so it really has meant a lot to hear him say it to me so often.
- Brynley is growing leaps and bounds! I can't believe she will be 3 months old next week! I think that she must also be going through the start of a growth spurt too, because she has wanted to eat more and more. Just when I think I have it all figured out..but I should know that's how it goes. In some ways it has been really hard to manage both kids the past 6 days by myself, but I have also found a good routine. Sleep is a big contributor to things flowing though.
- Don't look at my messy bathroom, (this was this morning after just getting the kids dressed before I'd cleaned up), but I tried on a smaller pair of pre-pregnancy pants and they fit! These are like a size 8 or 10 and I'm normally a 12 when I'm not pregnant. My body and weight may fluctuate, but I usually stay withing the same size 10 or 12 pants. I wish I was that girl that could be 5'8 and a size 6 but I have too many curves for that. I hated it in highschool, but now I don't mind because I've gotten used to the curves and honestly I think I would miss them if I got too skinny.
- We have been getting outdoors a lot and have been loving it! I feel too cooped up through the day if I don't get out and get some fresh air. Ryder rarely takes naps anymore, so the more fresh air and getting all of his energy out the better!
I can not wait to have Ryder answer the door to meet his Elf on the Shelf tomorrow! We waited until Scot came home from his business trip to let him see Ryder's reaction, but I have already been plotting all of the fun we can have with it! I have been prewarning Ryder that Santa may send his elves to come check in on us so that he won't be scared of his elf.
I'm really trying to let Ryder interact with Brynley and not interfere unless she starts crying. This advice was given to me by my new pediatrician and he really seems to be doing well and not getting too abrasive, but I still cringe when he gets too close. It's just such a sweet baby head I feel I have to protect haha!
So have ya'll finished all of your Christmas shopping yet? We have all we need to get for the kids, but Ryder keeps adding to his list for Santa. He keeps telling us the same three things "I want Cranky the Crane", "Bust my Buffers", "and remote control McQueen". And then he goes on to add a few more things each time!
With that being said, we are done! I keep reminding him that the ThreeWiseman only brought 3 gifts for baby Jesus but I don't think that phases him. I blame it on the toy commercials he sees.
Well, I'm not done with Christmas shopping for any of my other family members, but I'm always last minute when it comes to Christmas gifts. I'm always way ahead of things but for some reason I never shop ahead for Christmas!
I hope ya'll had a good weekend and if you have any fun Elf on the Shelf ideas to share, I'd love to hear some :)
How fun to have a group to come sing to you all!! I can only imagine how much Ryder loved that! Whenever my husband was out of town a few weeks ago, the time flew by as well even though the entire week I missed him tons! Brynley is growing so much and is entirely to cute laying there smiling! And girl, you look amazing. I would never even fret what size I was in if I were you.
ReplyDeleteYour kids are so cute. Brynley looks just like big brother!
ReplyDeleteYou look great! I still have 12 lbs to go, but have been on a hardcore diet lately. I find it much easier to diet when I am not working! Jealous that you still have most your xmas shopping done! We probably wont finish ours until the 23rd but we are waiting until we fly back to TN so we dont have to fly with too much! Cant believe Brynley is almost three months!!
ReplyDelete