Sunday, September 23, 2012

You're Invited to a Pink Lemonade Party!


A little sour, a little sweet
Join us this Saturday for a
pink lemonade treat!
 
 
On the menu:
 
Lemonade and "sparkling" Adult pink lemonade punch,
personalized bottled water,
Chick-fil-a nuggets,
7 layer salad,
individual mexican dip,
Paula Deen's banana puddin,
creamy lemon bars,
and crockpot BBQ meatballs,
lemon cookies,
pink lemonade cupcakes,
and a hot pink smash cake for Brynley.
I had aspirations to make pink lemonade cake pops, but as I ran out of time and they weren't turning out as I hoped, I nixed them and focused on the rest of the goodies
 
 
The Food

 
 Chick Fil A nuggets
 
Crockpot BBQ meatballs (no photo of them), but they are super simple and can be prepared so quickly! Just add a bag of frozen meatballs +1 jar of grape jelly + your favorite bottle of BBQ sauce and cook on low for 2-4 hours. Presto! 
 
 
 
 
The Drinks
 
 
 lemonade for the kids and pink lemonade punch for the "Big Kids"
I got the free labels here from sweets & treats boutique and printed them myself
 
 
 
The Desserts
 
 
Paula Deen's "Not Yo' Mama's banana puddin'
 
 pink lemonade cupcakes with buttercream frosting
and topped with sugary lemon slices and a paper straw I ordered on Etsy
 
 I also found these creamy lemon crumb squares on Pinterest, courtesy of The Girl Who Ate Everything, and created by The Pioneer Woman. LOVE her! I didn't get a good picture, so I will borrow the one on the website
via The Girl Who Ate Everything via Pioneer Woman
 
 
Again, courtesy of The Girl Who Ate Everything , I made these individual 7 layer mexican dips I found on Pinterest. What did we do before the days of Pinterest?? 
via Pinterest/The Girl Who Ate Everything
 
The Details
 
 
 a month by month display, hung with yarn and clothespins that I painted hot pink and hot glued to two Walmart picture frames that I spray painted yellow
 
{However, after being disappointed when I received this "XL" birthday banner I ordered from Etsy, and originally received in the mail spelled "brinley" after paying $30, I was highly upset with the seller and will not display her info. She was very nice to send me the Y to add to the banner to correct the spelling, but she stated that the description "clearly states" the size of the letters.}
So after the birthday banner debacle, I was determined to find some additional banners and found this great website with really cute alphabet pennants for free! However I can't find the original website but if you google "free chevron pennant printables" a ton of sites come up that you could use!
 I got a lot of inspiration for Brynley's pink lemonade party from Pinterest, googling "pink lemonade party" images, and just putting together things that I thought would be cute and very girly. Besides, pink and yellow look great together and are perfect for a pink lemonade party!

One of the best websites I found to get some inspiration for the lemonade stand was from AC's Lemonade stand on Pam B's blog. I think I actually found it on Pinterest while browsing (somewhat obsessively ha!) However I still put a twist on the party planning and details.
I found Brynley's pink lemonade dress from a seller on Etsy (PJQuilts) and I was SO happy with how it turned out and she was great to work with! The original dress pictured was a light pink and light yellow, and she made the dress with brighter fabrics for me which I LOVE!
 I got these small galvanized buckets at Target, in the dollar spot section which was actually the very first thing I bought for Brynley's party and gave me the inspiration to do a pink lemonade theme. Then I just found the cute lemon printables on google images and tied them to cute bakers twine.

lots of lemons of course!
and I added a real lemonade sign too ha!
 

 
 
The Guests
 
my sweet Mom helping to make the lemon cookies and paint faces
Aunt Tori and Pawpaw
my highschool and college bestie Claudia, and her adorable baby Brody
the birthday girl herself and Scot and I
color coordinated, natually
sweet Arthur
 

 
 
 
The Gifts 
 





A BIG hit, the bouncy house. And in addition to the great gifts Brynley received, we just added the Little People's Disney princess castle to the mix and my little princess adores it!
 


The Cake





This is my absolute FAVORITE picture of Brynley, as she tried her first taste of birthday cake I made her. She was all smiles and I loved celebrating her in pink, the girliest color for my girliest girl!

Happy FIRST Birthday to my adorably sweet and beautiful girl! Just looking back at these pictures from last weekend makes me want to savor each day with her because time is just going too fast!

6 comments:

  1. Cute cute CUTE! I love everything about this! Great job, mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! That is awesome!!! You did such a great job. Gahhh I keep looking at blogs, with awesome first birthday parties, and it keeps raising the bar. I only have 2 1/2 months, I better get a move on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very, very cute :-) Looks like it was a huge success!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute!! What a cute theme too! You did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog! I'm so happy you said hello so I could come over and first your blog as well! Your family is just precious and I look forward to following along. I am in LOVE with your sweet girl's birthday party! Everything was just perfect and I love that your outfit matched the theme! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These pictures are GREAT! You did an AMAZING job! I just posted on Sula's first birthday party too. One of her colors was pink (Strawberry Shortcake theme) and I noticed we had the saw big pink tub as well as pink adult punch :)

    I am so impressed with all you did yourself. I subbed most of it out but it would have been hard to do too much since I did it out of town, but STILL, very impressed!!

    ReplyDelete