#27 What is Your Favorite Part of Your Body and Why?
Considering the fact that I bloomed later in life when I finally got some confidence, I never liked my body. My booty was too big and my hips too wide, my breasts too big, and my hair was coarse. Flash forward a few years and I finally found myself and discovered how to wear makeup properly, fix my hair and make it work to my best way I knew how, and I accentuated my better features, which I later found was my smaller waist.
Growing up, my Mom would tell me to be happy for my curves, that many women only dreamed of larger boobs and a small waist. Try telling that to a developing pre-teen! No thanks! But I did finally find that having a smalle midsection helped to define my body and make my upper body not look like one big bulge ha!
I really was shy to even post this picture from our trip to Hawaii in March. I was standing in the hotel double mirror and said you know what, who knows when I will be in a bikini again, so why not go ahead and take a picture. I had lost my baby weight at this point and I now realize it was from nursing so much and burning so many calories during the day. As you see, I still have wide hips, but likemy Mama always said "them's child bearin' hips" haha!
It's not often that you'll see me in a bikini without a sarong of some sort to hide my big booty. I'm sure if I were a twig I'd still find things to complain about my body, but that's just me being my own worst critic.
I probably couldn't even pull this bikini bottom on now if I wanted, and I even made it clear over Labor Day weekend, when asked if I wanted to go on the lake, I politely refused, stating that I was wayyy over bathingsuit season for the time being. Sure, I'm the one who's gained the 20+ lbs I'd lost since having Brynley, by munching and grazing during the kids Quiet/Nap times, and then indulging in too many snacks at night or drinks too. Yep.. that will get ya every time! But I'm ready to do something about it! More than anything I just want to be healthy, and set a good example for my daughter, especially, in this body conscious world we live in. I want her to have confidence and be happy with the body God gave her, and for Ryder, I want him to be a gentleman and not judge a woman solely on her appearance or body.
Aside from a body part, I am very big blue eyes that God blessed me with and I am SO happy that I passed them on to both of my beautiful children. I was lucky to have a Mom with blue eyes, but we always joke that the credit goes to her Dad (who I never had the chance to meet before he passed), but they say he had wonderful baby blues too!
Okay, I am so over talking about my appearance! Let's talk about your favorite body part?

No comments:
Post a Comment