#28 What is Your LOVE Language?
Woohoo! I'm in the home stretch with this series, and I give you props if you're still reading my blog at this point. I quickly realized that doing a daily blog post required a lot more time and effort than ever before, when I would typically only do a few posts a week. I've enjoyed blogging more though, and just like everything, I just have to make the time for what makes me happy.
So love languages are the topic today. Have you ever read the book 'The Five Love Languages' by Gary Chapman? It's a great book and resource to help figure out what language of love your husband speaks, and in turn figure out what your own love language is so that you feel more fulfilled in your marriage. You can actually take a quiz here to see just what love language you and your spouse are!
Here are the different Love Languages:
Words of Affirmation
Quality Time
Receiving Gifts
Acts of Service
Physical Touch
I took the quiz myself and foun (but pretty much already knew this), that my love language is "Words of Affirmation". I love to hear encouragement, told I love you. According to the book by Gary Chapman,
.."unsolicited compliments mean the world to you. Hearing the words, "I love you, are important-hearing the reasons behind that love sends your spirits skyward. Insults can leave you shattered and are not easily forgotten."
{excerpt taken from 5lovelanguages.com}
As for Scot, I know that he definitely falls in the "Acts of Service" category. He cleans, cooks, vacuums, does laundry, cleans toilets and sinks pretty much every Friday when he's home. He would rather me clean the house and have it sparkle than tell him I love him or hug and kiss him, which I so often do. Overall it's important to figure out your loved ones love language so that you can communicate in this way and you each feel more complete and loved.
What's your love lanuage?

You have did a great job in keeping up with all of these! As you can see I slacked off. Hope you're doing great!
ReplyDeleteI am the same as you. I have no idea what John is. Isnt that sad!! I know that he is not Acts of Service or Gifts although I think that is what he does for me the most. He loves to try and get the house cleaned up for me and bring home presents for the family. Its amazing how different we all are.
ReplyDelete