Monday, September 24, 2012

Blonde Moment Monday


  • Happy Happy! It's a crisp Monday evening here up in NC, but I'm lovin' it because that just means that Fall is officially here (even if it officially became Fall on Saturday).
  • In fact I guess that means that I need to get my booty in gear and book our Fall photo session so we can get some great pictures together. I can't believe it was a year ago that not only Brynley turned one, but also that we had our family pictures taken!
  • Where does time go!?
  • Well I hope that everyone had a fab weekend. As usual, our weekend went by wayyy too fast but some of my highlights over the course of the past few days included: spending time with my man on our hot DATE NIGHT Saturday night. This of course, included drinks at Red Rocks and dinner at Eez Sushi which was delicious, followed by going to the place we got married and looking out at Lake Norman and dreaming of our hopes to one day (in the near future) to also be in a nice home of our own with plenty of room for the kids!
  • Also teaching the Sparks 1st grade at Awanas in church Sunday night was pretty awesome and I am already enjoying the relationships I've made with some of the kids.
  • I was so proud of Ryder for learning yet another Bible verse, but forgot to get him on video, as I did most of the weekend. I think I was spent from last weekend and the Pink Lemonade party!
  •  I made Rachel Ray's meatball subs last night before Awanas and they turned out so.good! I think they may even look better than the ones on the foodnetwork website and tasted even better!
  • I would say that Scot was a happy man with his meal :) PLUS a night of football when we got home! What else could you want??
  •  I got my copy of unglued this week and just started reading it and I'm already hooked! It is such an affirmation (considering that's my love language and all) that I as a Mom am doing the best that I can and that some days I just come "unglued". If you haven't heard about Lysa Terkeurst, she is an amazing woman with a lot of life experiences, raising children, and she is from my neck of the woods here in Charlotte. I love this book already and can't wait for more!
  • During our date night Saturday night, I thought it would be fun for some date topics. Believe me I am fully aware of the dork I appear not only to ya'll, but to the cute waiter we had that night too when he happened to see my "notes" on the table as he came out with my bowl of Won Ton soup. I laughed nervously and replied that it was a night away from the kids and was a joke (cue the blushing right now) and that we were just reconnecting.
  • However, it was a great way to laugh and actually reconnect and talk about some great things!

  •  Who isn't in love with Pinterest these days? And especially reading quotes about raising sweet children and how quickly that time will pass. Time to cherish each moment!

  •  Girlfriend has a major breakout/rash/eczema and I have tried everything to help my poor girl! Her pediatrician wasn't so concerned that it was a food allergy as much as a skin irritation, maybe from a lotion or some perfume. However we don't wear any lotion or perfume and all detergents and cleaners and natural and fragrance free here so I am running out of ideas to help my girl. I tried putting her to bed tonight with no creams on, so here's to hoping that works!



  • Just some cute pictures of my busy girl loving her new princess castle and getting into my piles and books! She is such a busy girl and can make such a mess!
  •  And because I love this face, heres my little guy being a goofball and playing with Brynley's dolls. He is so funny when it comes to his toys and not letting Brynley play with certain ones, but you better believe he wants to play with all of her things! Nothing is off limits!
  • My guilty pleasure as Jersey Housewives wraps up for the season this week has been the Real Housewives of Miami. Thank goodness they got some new girls to add to the fun! Are you hooked yet??
  • And here's a sneak peak of Brynley's costume that arrived in the mail today! I can not wait for our trip to Disney and Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party to reveal our costumes!
  • Have a great night everyone and I'm off to unwind with a little wine and maybe some football.
 

1 comment:

  1. Laura,
    Love your ideas for date night. Not dorky at all!! Matt and I need to do more of this, but it is hard to find babysitters to leave Ava with that I trust. Part of what's hard about living so far away from family.
    Glad to see you and your kids are involved in Awana. I am teaching this year for the 1st time, working with 3rd grade. Some of their verses are really hard!! Ava is a cubbie this year and loves it, especially loves wearing her vest. She is doing really well learning her verses and that makes me so proud. As a Christian parent I feel called to teach her about the Bible from a very young age. I'm so thankful for my church family here!
    Love the pics as always!
    Crystal

    ReplyDelete