Even though it was a week ago that we celebrated Brynley turning ONE, I wanted to remember what we did on her actual birthday so I wouldn't forget by the time I get to document it in her baby book. (speaking of which the piles accumulating after her party seem to be growing and I'm wondering if I'll ever finish her first year in her baby book.) Anyways, we started the morning with Face Time with Grammy and Grampa and she is getting more and more interested in the camera when she talks with them. Of course it helps that she's taken a few pointers on this from her big brother!
She opened her gift from Grammy and Grampa, which was a Disney teddy bear named Duffy. If you know my mother in law, you know she loves anything Disney and this was the teddy that Minnie gave Mickey Mouse so he wouldn't be afraid. There are many more gifts waiting for the kids when we go visit them next month for our Disney trip and celebrating Grammy turning 60.
Later that day, my Mom came over with gifts and to celebrate that night with us. Pawpaw had to work late, but Mom treated us to Japanese hibachi and the kids chowed down! I think rice is still Ryder's favorite food, followed by "chinese broccoli" as he calls it ha! Yum!And she's off to a headstart opening some of the gifts from family. Ryder gives a few pointers on how to get the box open, and then Brynley bug goes at it to get that present unwrapped! She loved the box and the wrapping paper as much as all of her gifts I think!
I loved this homeade stuffed dog that Scot's Aunt Teresa made for Brynley! She is such a seamstress and quilter and I wish she were closer to give me some lessons! I have no clue what a hoop is or how to thread even. They live near Washington state so I may have to look into other options to get some sewing skills.
And for fun here was Ryder at his first birthday party, and Brynley at her pink lemonade party. Such cuties if I don't say so myself :) When I look back at these I see such a boy in Ryder, and such a petite girly girl in Brynley and I just love that God blessed me with one of each!
And remembering some of my favorite memories as I brought my Brynley girl into this world. Waking up to a FULL MOON the morning we left for the hospital. Bags packed and showing off my baby bump for the very last time. Using the birthing ball and not knowing what to expect, as I hadn't had an epidural up to this point with Brynley, as I did with Ryder. (But don't worry.. I sure had one at the last minute!), Ryder meeting his baby sister and seeing my family complete, holding my perfect sweet baby girl and just taking her all in, loving her with everything being in my body!
Oh my gosh time is just passing so fast and I miss that newborn baby smell, the soft tufts of newborn hair, the middle of the night feedings (yes I realize I may have just jinxxed myself ha!), those tiny noises and grunts and the sight of milk in the corner of her mouth as she's just finished nursing, her tiny belly button as the cord just fell off, tiny fingernails and toenails, seedy diapers and baby baths. At the time they seem so overwhelming, and for just one moment I wish I could be taken back to one day and hold that tiny baby once more.
But in its place I have a curious, adventurous baby girl with a big girly laugh and a toothy smile that melts your heart, baby blonde curls and chubby little legs, 12 month dresses and big bows that she pulls right out, table food messes and sounds of "Mamas" and "Dat". Giggles as we "chase" her and play peek a boo, and read stories that she brings to us one book at a time. I wouldn't trade those moments for anything, and I look forward to so many more memories, but I do miss that tiny newborn and am so in love with my baby girl.
Happy Birthday Brynley Lou Bug!!
Love,
Mommy


Happy Birthday! Can't believe it's been a year - how time flies :-)
ReplyDeleteLove seeing the pictures of you from a year ago! I still am in shock that sula is technically a TODDLER. That just doesnt seem right!!
ReplyDelete