- Happy Monday! Okay so it's really Tuesday morning, but in my defense I was recovering from a pink lemonade birthday party and birthday cake hangover. If there's one lesson I need to learn: LESS IS MORE!
- It was such a fun weekend for me, celebrating my daughter turning ONE, but I can not tell ya'll how excited I am to be looking forward to a weekend with no plans :)
- So I don't typically believe in psychics or mediums, or anything related to the dead. Remember my fear of ghosts?? but I have gotten hooked on this new tv show called Long Island Medium. Have ya'll seen it? Theresa Caputo is her name, and she is amazing! I mean how else would she know some of the things about the people she meets. She states that she's a practicing catholic and only wants to communicate with the "good" spirits. It's all a bit scary to me, but I love the show and have since caught myself looking at old photos of my Grandmama and wondered if in that exact moment her spirit was there with me too.
- I just can't catch a break! This was the crazy rash that developed last week. I have NO idea what I came in contact with, and a week later I am still itchy just looking at this picture. Since then, I have made sure to shower extra long after working out in case I came into contact with something there. All I have to say is that I pray I never get hives like this again!
- And here is my left inner arm a week later. Isn't that CRAZY!? I googled everything I could on skin rashes and people let me tell you. Googling is never a good idea because the symptoms lead to worse conditions than you may have. And then your mind starts to wander. Of course it's all good now but let's just say it's been a LONG week not to mention a birthday I had to execute on top of it all.
- I promise to get Brynley's birthday post up soon, but here is my cute little guy in his uniform last weekend. I stayed home to prepare the goodies with my Mom while Scot and my stepdad took Ryder to his game. Here Ryder is pumped for the game!
- And here he is at the game not wanting to even participate. (And according to Scot it was absolutely dreadful because this was all Ryder would do!) So it looks like we may not be doing anymore group sports for the time being the rest of the year, and will look into Tball this Spring if it's something Ryder wants to do. I feel so bad as a Mom because I was the one who signed him up. Now I wish that I'd just signed him up for gymnastics where he could have fun and not such a contact "sport". Maybe an almost 4 year old is too young to understand soccer, I don't know. It seeemed like half his team was the same way, not wanting to play at practice and on game days.
- I can't remember if I shared this or not, but Scot and I are helping to teach the 1st grade Awanas at our church Sunday nights. When I say that it was a divine intervention it totally was! I had no sooner uttered the words "I'm glad we are just attending church and not serving right now" than Scot and I were approached to help teach the class.
- God really knows how to humble you doesn't he ha!
- Anyways, it was the best thing that could have happened to Scot and I because we have already learned so much in just these past two weeks, and I am LOVING it! Scot took this picture of some of our kids during rec time, playing dodgeball. I was laughing the entire time as the kids ganged up on him and it was if I had a flash forward to see that I would love to be a part of the youth as our kids grow older because I was shocked at how great Scot was with these kids!
- If you don't really know what Awana is, it is based for children and they start out as 2 year olds in the Cubbies class and work their way all through highschool. It just gives the kids the basics to help them learn scripture and get plugged in more to their faith at an early age and it's great!
- There is play time, story time with scripture, rectime, and an activity with a lesson and when the kids are ready to recite their memory verses for that week, they get to earn badges, stickers, and even Awanas Bucks for the store to purchase cool things. I don't remember this when I was a kid, we only had Youth Group but I would've loved it if we had!
- I'm so proud of my Ryder bug reciting his first Memory Verse
- 1John 4:10
- Well I hope that your week is off to a GREAT start! Here it is Wednesday morning and I am just posting this Blonde Moment Monday, but from here on out I'm planning to get some more posts done because Ryder is away at preschool and Brynley is taking her nice long morning nap. Ahhhh. Laundry going and dishes put away so it's time for some "Me" time :)

Yay! I can't wait to see the pics from Brynley's birthday! I still can't believe she is a year old. That rash looks very uncomfortable, I'm sorry I hope it stays away. I think I am going to wait until Hayes is at least in kindergarten before starting him in sports. I have seen quite a few kids just get overwhelmed by it all. Then again some kids really excel and and love it, I guess you never know until you try.
ReplyDelete