Monday, September 10, 2012

Blonde Moment Monday

  • Do you likeeeee?
  • I am such a diehard Damask girl, but lately I am on the Chevron bandwagon and since planning for Brynley's first birthday party this week, I have found so many CUTE chevron things! I guess when I first see a new pattern, I'm hesitant at first, but then it really grows on me by the time it's pretty much everywhere you look!
  • Anyways, I figured it was time for me to finally make a Blonde Moment Monday title. If you or someone you know, knows how to make a button, will you PLEASE clue me in! I'm sure I could google this, but ya'll, my brain is close to fried after the week + weekend we had, and I'm still going in order to get through this week and Brynley's party on Saturday!
  • I already told Scot that on Sunday night once all the kids are tucked in bed, Mama Gal is gonna get her the biggest cup of "Mommy Juice" she can find ha!
  • What pretell am I so busy doing you may ask?
  • Well, I'll tell ya! Thanks for asking :)
  • Let's see... well for starters, just having Ryder in preschool three days a week now, means having to get him up, fed, and dressed and then out the door with myself and Brynley in tow. We got very used to our lazy day weekdays during the summer, and my lands there has been traffic galore now that school is back in for everyone! Just this morning I got behind a bus that stopped at every.single.intersection. to let someone on the bus, and then the kids were waving and sticking their hands in their mouths and making faces. I wasn't impressed, but I wasn't going any faster by letting my road rage kick in, so I smiled and waved back. (if I didn't have the kids in the car I may not have been so nice at this point, after following said bus 10 miles)
    • Not to mention, Scot and I decided to do a cleanse last week. We started on Tuesday, after one too many Labor Day cocktails and dips!
    • If you're interesed, you can try this clease. It's the GM Cleanse, designed to flush your system in a more natural, healthy way.
    • This is what our fridge looked for pretty much this whole week. We got through Day One, which consisted of 10 glasses of water and as much fruit as we wanted all day. But by that night, we were both dreaming of pizza and pasta. But we pushed through and got to Day Two. This consisted of all veggies. As much as we wanted! Okay, not so bad, we thought but then after all fruits and the next day of just vegetables, it was about all we could take and it was after a cabbage soup dinner and raw veggie salad that Scot and I looked at each other and he said "Do you want me to make a Subway run?"
    • And that my friends, is how the cleanse came to an end! I'm sure that we could've stuck it out another few days, and it really wasn't so bad, but it really motivated us more than anything to stay focused and ready to lose weight and build muscle!
    • Obviously it wasn't long before we were eating some carbs again! This is my lighter version of a french dip, served on a whole wheat hoagie but the onion rings were definitely a splurge!
    • I can not begin to tell ya'll how much Brynley LOVED this meal though! She would've eaten half my sandwich had I not been so hungry myself and eaten it all ha!
    • Thursday was our first MOPS meeting for the season and I needed it SO.MUCH! I was even tempted to skip that morning because Brynley was a little fussy and Ryder was being whiney, and I started thinking of the other things I could get done instead.
    • But I'm SO glad I went and didn't let the devil get in my ear and get me to stay home. I invited a friend and she seemed to enjoy it. I met a lot of nice Moms that were new to our group this year, and some of the friends I met weren't there this year, but we still meet for playdates which is GREAT!
    • Here we three are, ready to head out the door (I'm still amazed when I get us all three fed and dressed and even makeup for myself when it's me alone with them both and Scot's at work! How on Earth did I do this leisurely before ha!)
    •  Then on Saturday, Ryder had his very first soccer game! He was having an off morning because when he woke up it took him a really long time to get going (more than usual), and eve with his Nana and Pawpaw coming to cheer him on, Ryder announced that he didn't want to go to his soccer game. This just wasn't the same sweet boy who proudly picked out his blue shinguards and cleats! Once we got him to the field, it wasn't long before he shined once again and was happy to run out on the field as his team, The Houston Dynamos came out!
    •  This is sad, but it may have been the first time I've said the pledge of the allegiance in over a year! It's kind of sad to think they've taken this away in public schools now too!
    • We noticed the opposing team seemed like they were bigger, but they were literally a head taller than all of the kids on our team! After a few rounds, and even one fight that later broke out, the Papa Bear in Scot came out and he approached the coordinator and asked why his son was playing against kids that were a year older and had played two years (technically you can't play until you're 3!)
    • Needless to say, Ryder was very discouraged after the first round with this team and didn't want to go on to play the second game with a different team.

    • With a little encouragement, our soccer stud went out on the field and competed against the other team, and I think it was just what he needed! These kids were much closer to age and skill level, and I'm hoping that Ryder will be excited for tomorrow's practice!
    • Our family!
    • Why am I so tired you ask? Well because after the soccer game, and no naps or quiet times, both kids were EXHAUSTED but we trudged on because we had a birthday party to attend. One of Ryder's best friends, Topher, was having his 4th birthday party and we wouldn't have missed it!
    • My girl in her shades! Go figure, she won't keep a bow in her hair to save her life, but will wear sunglasses on her face. She's my silly biscuit haha!

    • Topher had a Spiderman themed party because he is infatuated with the superhero. This is a challenge at time with our boys because Ryder loves mostly trains and Batman, so we always try telling the guys that it's okay to like both things!
    • I loved the ideas that his Mom put together for his party and it made me all the more excited for Brynley's upcoming celebration!
    • And speaking of her party, here I am getting my CRAFT on, making Brynley's "B" wreath! I will be sure to post all of her details and tutorials once the weekend gets here, and maybe a glass or two of wine later ha!
    • I was so proud of my skillz until I realized that I forgot to cut out the holes for the letter B!! haha.. and this woul totally make the ranks for BLONDE MOMENT MONDAY I do believe :)
    Well I hope you had a great Monday!
    I'm off to watch the end of the football game with my hubs and call in a night!
     

    2 comments:

    1. Wow! I love the "Blonde Moments Monday" graphic - so cute! I have no idea how to do stuff like that so I'm really impressed :-)

      They've taken the pledge of allegiance out of schools? That is so weird! That must have happened since we moved to New Zealand because I'm sure that I would have remembered that.

      Kudos to you for getting the kids and yourself ready and looking good - it's hard enough with just Joe so I can't imagine what it's like with 2 little ones.

      ReplyDelete
    2. I like the chevron too. It seems to be on everyone's blogs, but the funny thing is, up here in the North, you never see it. Haha must be a Southern thing. We also still do the pledge of allegiance up here. Which I think is kind of odd, because we are definitely no where near the bible belt. I was very proud of myself, that I figured out how to make a blog button. You should really google how to do it, because you need to copy a html code. It is pretty easy though. You should make one, so I can put it on my blog!

      ReplyDelete