Thursday, July 28, 2011

Baby Bump: 32 Weeks!

Just for giggles, I decided to post a comparison of my 7 month pregnancy with Ryder, to my current 7 month pregnancy picture with Brynley. I haven't been able to wear many of the same maternity clothes with Brynley as I did with Ryder because the seasons have been off, so I was happy to have found this picture wearing one of the same maternity tank tops so I could compare. I also didn't do a weekly picture with Ryder as I do now, so I'm not exactly sure how many weeks I was with Ryder. I just know that I am a week from turning 8 months with Brynley and I knew I better do a post soon or it would have to be titled "7 months pregnant Ryder vs 8 months pregnant Brynley" and that just wouldn't be as cute!
There really aren't that many differences like I had originally thought. I showed Scot and he thought it was cool to be able to compare, and he thought I looked wider with Ryder and more belly with Brynley. All I have to say, is that goodness the "girls" aren't as big this time around, and I'm glad to have the braces off
Date: July 25th, 2011
How Far Along: 32 weeks!
Size of the Baby: a jicima. I'm really not even sure if this is a fruit or a vegetable, and I don't know how big it is but if it's comparing me to how big I feel, then I would say it has to be on the large scale of things ha! I've noticed this past week more than ever, people noticing I'm pregnant and patients have commented on it, asking when I'm due, and telling me I look good for being a month away. I thank them, and then wonder if all along they just assumed I was on the chubby side ha!
Maternity Clothes: all maternity pants and a mix of maternity and regular tops and dresses
Gender: a GIRL! Brynley Alison Gelinas
Movement: big bumps and lots of movement which I can actually watch my stomach move with each kick or jab that she does. Miss B is quite the busy bee lately, but I have also noticed her "quiet times" too!
Sleep: the beginning of the week started off good, and I was adjusting to sleeping with a pillow propped behind my knees or between my legs to support my hips. By the end of this week I started having pregnancy insomnia and the sleep was lacking, so I've definitely had my ups and downs
Cravings/Aversions: not much of either at this point. A daily food log would look something like this: Breakfast-I usually have a bagel with cream cheese or a bowl of Special K berries with organic milk and a cup of coffee with organic half and half and honey
Morning Snack-I have a Naked Green Machine smoothie, or one of their other tasty varieties, unless I have time to make one of my own using fresh and frozen fruit that we have on hand followed by a few crackers or fruit later that morning once I get to work
Lunch-For lunch it's either Chic-Fil-A nuggets with a diet lemonade and a carrot raisin salad, or a salad that I made from home, unless I happen to be craving mexican that day
Dinner-I usually have whatever it is that Scot has made that night, and I'm usually either having a combination of being really full with heartburn, or extremely hungry and nauseus, so I let my stomach do the talking as far as what I eat is concerned
Symptoms: more stretching and growing pains in my hips, pelvic bone, and pubic bone areas. Not to mention heartburn, nausea and stronger Braxton Hicks contractions that can make sitting, standing, and walking difficult these days. They usually only last about a minute, but they are starting to become more uncomfortable and getting stronger and more frequent as my body prepares itself for the real kind I guess. Top this all off with emotions that are out of control and frequent urination and sleep insomnia and you have yourself one cutie of a pregnant woman ha! Good thing I'm not a walking advertisement for pregnancy right now. I feel so bad saying all of these things, because there are so many things I do love about being pregnant, I just wanted to be honest and document the symptoms I've had so I can look back on and laugh at one day
Mood: I'm in good spirits this week and thankful that it has been a "normal" work week for me so I was able to get rest on my day off on Wednesday. I told my boss and co-workers about my plans of not returning to work this past week, so that was a huge burden that I had been thinking a lot about lately, and it was good to get it off my chest so I can start counting down my days at the office. (19 to be exact)! My prenatal massage and pedicure did wonders to my mind, body, and soul on Wednesday too, and I am looking forward to Saturday night having a date with my honey
Highlights this week: my bi-weekly OB appointment this week, where I found that I weighed less than I had originally thought. My blood pressure was good and Brynley's heartbeat was beating away and I got to see that she was in head down position. My awsome midwife placed my hands on her head and let me feel exactly where she was, as well as her back, bottom, and legs so I could tell what were kicking and bumping around inside. Other highlights this week included the hospital tour we have planned for Saturday, and plans to go shopping for more baby stuff for Miss B, which always puts a smile on my face when shopping is concerned. I also plan to look for the fabric to start making Brynley's newborn gowns with
What I Miss: sleeping well and having more energy

No comments:

Post a Comment