How Far Along: 29 weeks
Size of the Baby: a butternut squash
Maternity Clothes: all maternity pants and a mix of maternity and regular tops and dresses. I'm happy to report I can still wear (maybe not rock) a non-maternity bikini and I'm starting to have a better body image
Gender: a GIRL! Brynley Alison Gelinas
Movement: big kicks now and I'm noticing movement about every hour and love watching and feeling her move around. Scot has been able to feel her a lot lately too which makes me so happy. Before every time he would put his hand on my bump she would get shy and stop! Brynley has been moving around so much that it feels as if she's been having a dance party in there and sometimes she even wakes me up moving around!
Sleep: sleeping ok. Still wishing I could sleep on my stomach but my belly is getting bigger and it's harder to sleep because it's in the way and gets uncomfortable. I also notice a weird numbing but somewhat painful feeling in my hips when I lay on my side (the correct way) and I'm realizing this must be the dreaded "hip spreading" and body stretching that I hear so often mentioned when I think of pregnancy
Cravings/Aversions: cravings for fruit- watermelon, honeydew, peaches you name it. After eating though, I have gotten bad heartburn and then regret eating
Symptoms: my worst complaints right now are the heartburn I get every time I eat, no matter what I eat, and no matter if I'm sitting, standing, or lying down. Also my hips and back are starting to hurt more when I lay on my side and I feel like my body is stretching
Mood: it's been a MUCH better week and I feel much more relaxed after being at the beach for a few days. I've come to the realization that I am only at my job for another few weeks and then I am D-O-N-E! I need to focus on myself and not let daily infuences affect me so much because my well being is more important right now and I need as less stress as I can get. I'm also feeling much better about my pregnant body and have come to love my round belly and wider hips and booty ha!
Highlights this week: getting Brynley's canvas letters and finishing up her nursery (you can see the canvas letters in her crib and I will be doing a nursery post soon!) I LOVE her nursery and can't wait to have her her to put in her new crib. I've also loved that Scot has been able to feel a lot of her movement finally!
No comments:
Post a Comment