- It was a really low key weekend here at the Gelinas house. The weather was dreary and unseasonably cool (which I really didn't mind getting a break from that late summer heat), so we spent most of our time inside and ended up nixing our plans to have a pool day in our backyard. Instead, we painted, played with playdoh, had a few matchbox car races, and watched a lot of movies from redbox. Some of which included Rango (NOT 2 year old appropriate so we turned it off), The Jungle Book, Everyone's a Hero (Ryder's favorite), and one terrible movie about a dolphin that looked cute on the cover and I was disappointed, but it held Ryder's interest for a few minutes. We obviously hadn't watched movies in a long time, so Scot and I rented Life as We Know It and Unknown, both were very very good. We watched movies in lieu of actually taking Ryder to see Cars 2, which I desperately wanted to take him, back when it came out in June, but since Scot was out of town decided to wait until he got home to all go see it together. Fast forward a few weeks and we still haven't seen it, and are now thinking we will just wait to watch it on DVD and make Ryder's 1st movie theater experience one later this year when other cute kids movies come out around the holidays. Money is just really tight right now and every penny counts, and we saved by renting movies this weekend instead.
- I'm really tired and sore lately, especially in my hips and groin/inner theigh area, and have been the past week. It pretty much hurts anytime I go from a standing to sitting position, or when I change to any position period and I never had this with Ryder. I guess it could be true what they say about pregnancy with girls, that they stretch your hips and make them wider, and this isn't a good thing considering I'm already a "hippy" girl. I'm realizing the honeymoon phase of this pregnancy is now a distant memory. One thing to look forward to is that I booked my Mothers Day massage and pedicure for next week and I am so so so excited! I had been savoring it for later in my pregnancy because I knew I would need it more as I got bigger and more uncomfortable.
- I can't believe I only have about 6 or 7 weeks to go! This includes working, having Ryder in daycare, paying bills off the best we can before I'm staying home, actually having Brynley, preparing and budgeting for the upcoming holidays, and tying up loose ends while I still can before we have a newborn to tend to and life gets really hectic again. I'm hoping and praying for wisdom this time around, as we will have more knowledge of a newborn.
- I found a tutorial on how to make a newborn gown dress and it's actually by one of the etsy sellers I even BOUGHT from! I am so excited and I forwarded the link to my mom to see if it was something she thought we could attempt, and she did, so I am very excited to venture out and buy some fabric, onesies, and ribbon, and see what our creativity bone will do. This will save at least $30 by trying to sew them ourselves, and they are too cute! I just wish I knew how to monogram and we'd be all set!
- I have started to plan for my SAHM days that are fastly approaching, and have even looked into MOPS groups in my area, and a MMO at one of the local churches for Ryder to attend maybe one day a week. I have also started saving websites that offer daily activities and crafts to do with Ryder once we are staying home, because I'm most worried about how he will adjust to us staying at home when he is used to being at daycare with all of his friends. I know this is the best decision for us right now, I'm just looking for some incentive from you other stay at home Mommies out there! I can't wait to organize our laundry room/game area to setup Ryder's "activity centers" and to hold all of the crafts I intend to do with him. I plan to buy some totes and just get organized so we can have a daily craft and activity, and to keep with some type of routine.
- We've started making a pre-Brynley and post-Brynley list. We are a family that loves lists and at some points, there can be up to 4 or 5 lists going at one time on our fridge. I can't believe I only have about 6 weeks to go before I can hold Brynley! We need to look into booking a photographer, calling about MMO, starting Brynley's educational fund like the one we have for Ryder, adding myself and Brynley to Scot's insurance plan, paying off some bills (before those hospital bills start coming in), and we still have a few things to buy for Miss B before her arrival.
- Is the summer really almost over? All of the going back to school supplies are out in stores now, making me again realize just how soon September and Fall is right around the corner. I still can't believe that I will have TWO babies to dress in Halloween costumes, TWO babies at Thanksgiving, and TWO babies to love on and get pictures with Santa at Christmas!
- On a totally random side note, I'm sitting here watching/listening to MTV play in the background and I have no idea who anyone is. Does this mean I'm getting old? Ha! Oh to be 17 again!
Well thats all my ramblings for the day, but I'm sure I'll have more to ramble on about as my mind starts thinking about other tidbits I forgot to mention. Happy Tuesday Ya'll!
No comments:
Post a Comment