Monday, July 25, 2011

Summertime Memories in the Making

 Saturday we packed up the car, threw on our bathing suits, and headed south to see friends in South Carolina for an overnight stay. Along the way, we had to stop for fresh peaches as soon as I saw the huge peach posing as a water tower, considering my third trimester fruit cravings!

 I was excited for what wasn in store for us, especially since our friends live on Lake Hartwell, and this would be Ryder's first time on a boat. I was excited to see the look on his face when he saw the lake and saw the boat. We just didn't know how he would do, but were anxious to see! I think this face pretty much sums up his excitement, as well as ours at seeing the lake and the boat.
 Relaxing at its best! These are the summertime memories in the making that I will always cherish. Ryder loved riding up front with me, wind in his hair, and I couldn't wait to cool off in the water.
 Riding shotgun with Daddy was just as fun
 but the best treat was getting to "drive" the boat with "Uncle" Don! It was all the boy could talk about afterwards and we may have to look into getting a boat one day as much as this little guy loved the lake!
 Summertime Memories

 This very pregnant Momma found that I did best floating in the water since it was so HOT! That was until the fish started nibbling and then I found that I better stay on top of the float so I didn't get nibbled. The biggest shocker was getting Ryder in the water, but I think it got so hot once we were parked on shore that he wanted to join everyone else on the lake. His serious face says it all! He did really well just chillen on the float and I was so proud of him for getting this close. I think he liked that he could walk in the lake from shore and it was just the right depth for him to feel safe.
 LOVE this girl Lisa, and Don being silly in the background. We are so blessed to have such good friends, I only wish we got to see them more, but we're happy we get to see them when we can. They moved from Florida so at least we see them more than we used to. We try to get together every few months, but cherish our times together and it was really special to have Ryder tag along on this trip!




 We met up with some of Lisa and Donnie's friends that tied up with us and they had a 4 year old boy that Ryder was just awestruck with and wanted to do everything that he did. His sweet mom was actually a lifeguard and she got Ryder to do far more in the water that we ever had, even in our swim lessons! I think this may have been one of my favorite memories just seeing Ryder become such a little fish. He swam and jumped and splashed in the water and didn't mind it one bit! I was so happy that he had overcome his fears of the water, and I'm hoping this is just the beginning and that he will continue to love the water.
 Here my little fish is getting up on the boat all.by.himself!Talk about BIG BOY!
 and then JUMPING from the boat into the WATER! Biggest surprise of the day so far! I was so proud!
 The boys loved the jetski and of course Ryder was a little follower when he got the chance to sit on it
 This is what summer is all about! Making new friends, enjoying the long sunny days, and having FUN!
 Scot got to ride their jetski, Ryder as co-captain, and he had the time of his life! I was a little nervous but they went slow and Ryder begged to go again and again, but we thought we better not push his luck with the lake. He did so good and didn't show one bit of fear and I was just in shock at how good he did

 We came back to the house to change and go out to eat Mexican (another craving, can you tell?) but first there was one more surprise in store for Ryder. He heard that Uncle Don had a 4 wheeler, so he had to see it, so of course we let him in the garage and let him pretend to ride. This little boy hearts anything with a motor, and I have a feeling we are going to have to get him either a boat or jetski before too long! I was just happy because I knew after the time of his life he'd had on the lake, riding the boat, driving the boat, jumping in the lake, riding on the jetski, and looking for pebbles with his new little friend, Ryder was going to sleep good that night, and he did just that once we got back from dinner!
 I couldn't leave without posting pictures of Tucker and his nephew, Tanner, as requested by my mom. She breeds yorkies, which was how our friends ended up with this cutie once we knew they were looking for a dog. They were so cute playing together and I knew my mom would be happy to see them playing together. It was truly one of the best times we've had this summer, and I'm sad in a way that the summer is halfway over. Being pregnant has only just begun to be somewhat of a challenge the bigger I get, but I was so glad that we had one last "vacation" before Brynley gets here in September. I knew that I wouldn't feel up to going on a boat and driving around as the weeks get closer, so we made the most of our day on the lake with good company, leaving with lots of great memories to look back on someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment