Thursday, July 14, 2011

Baby Bump: 30 Weeks!

Date: July 11th, 2011
How Far Along: 30 weeks!
Size of the Baby: a large cabbage
Maternity Clothes: all maternity pants and a mix of maternity and regular tops and dresses
Gender: a GIRL! Brynley Alison Gelinas
Movement: I can feel a difference in an arm and a leg or butt now and I feel a lot of movement going on in there. It's one of my favorite parts of being pregnant, although lately I have been getting kicked in the ribs
Sleep: I'm having a harder time sleeping because my body is definitely getting bigger and it's harder to get comfortable. If I lay on my side I feel like I am laying on a part of her body because it will feel hard, not to mention my hips and pelvic area get sore. If I lay on my back I feel like the wind got knocked out of me and I find myself having a hard time breathing, and I certainly can't lay on my stomach at this point (and believe me I've tried!) so I just toss and turn trying to get comfortable
Cravings/Aversions: I really haven't had much of an appetite lately, but I guess if I had to name something that I have been craving more of would be vegetables. With it being the peak of the summer, we have had the opportunity to eat a lot of home grown tomatoes, cucumbers, potatoes, and squash and I've been loving it! We somehow seem to also be grilling out nitrate free hotdogs and hamburgers a lot lately and I'm at the point I don't even want to come near one, so I guess you could say that would be my aversion right now
Symptoms: well, it appears that my breasts are preparing to get to work breastfeeding because my nipples have gotten much darker recently, and the watery milk has started to come in and at some times even leak during the day for no known reason. This may be TMI but the other day I was changing and Ryder came in the room and saw me and said "Mommy! Is that chocate on you Boonie?" (is that chocolate on your boobie) I about died laughing, and then realized that yes indeed they are getting ready for Brynley to nurse! I've also still been having pain in my hips when I am lying down on my side, and also at certain times I notice my inner theigh and groin area being sore as if I pulled a muscle, but I'm thinking it's probably just stretching and she is probably getting further situated into my pelvic area. On top of everything else, the leg cramps and heartburn are back with a vengeance too! I guess you could say at least the itching and breakouts haven't come back.
Mood: I'm in good spirits, just tired and it's been a busy week with lots of get togethers with friends, which are fun, but by the end of the day I'm just beat and the smallest things take all of my energy out. Not to mention the heat index this past week has been insane and the fact that my belly has grown I'm just starting to feel bigger and it doesn't take much to wear me out anymore.
Highlights this week: going to get a few odds and ends for Brynley before she gets here and making a list of things to get done before her arrival. Also my OB appt on Friday that will now be every 2 weeks! It's really starting to go by fast now
What I Miss: I'm starting to miss my non maternity clothes, and definitely being able to sleep on my stomach

No comments:

Post a Comment