We also had Brynley's nursery on our agenda and we wanted to put her bedding in her crib. I was having trouble figuring out the ties, so I thought I would go on the website that I bought it from, polkatotdesigns and when I went to the examples, I noticed they had actually added Brynley as one of the examples! This was the highlight of my day because I was happy to think that maybe our tastes would be well liked enough for other couples looking at bedding for their little baby girls. (although I secretly wanted to be unique, I was still happy). They even named it the "Brynley" which also cracked me up to think she had bedding named after her. This was the picture posted with the crib they used to show off her bedding.
and this is her actual crib with bedding. It doesn't show the tailored bed skirt as well as the example, but that is because we bought a crib with more detail I guess. You can still see the details of the bedding though and I was beyond thrilled with how everything came together. Her canvas letters came out really well too and they matched perfectly! I was so excited with how her nursery looked and we just need to get a changelier and a few odds and ends and we will be all set. It feels so good to be close to finished!
Here are some more details of her bedding. I sure hope she likes hot pink and black as much as her Mommy
Scot was showing off his curtain hanging skills, which he really actually despises, but he was much better at measuring and making sure they were even before hanging than I was, so I let him do all the "dirty" work ha! We got the valences at Bed Bath & Beyond, and the pink matched perfectly. I really really wanted to have curtains and valences made but I knew that I was pushing my luck since I had already gotten the bedding and chandelier that I wanted since the day I knew I was pregnant. They looked cute and were much more in our budget, which I have been thinking about more and more as the possibility of me being a SAHM becomes a reality.
I wanted framed pictures, but wanted something simple and colorful so when I saw these framed flowers at Target on clearance I snatched them up! I only wish they had one more pattern so that I could have had 3 on the wall, but am still open to ideas to add to this wall to take up space. I had also thought about hanging them above her changing table but have them closer together, but once we hung the valences, we realized there might just not have been enough room between them for the framed pictures. Who knows we may change this again and again to play around with the look of everything, but for now this is their home.This sweet cross completes the room and when I saw it at Hobby Lobby I couldn't resist, especially since it was in hot pink and black! I wanted a canvas bible verse to hang on the wall, but again I think my spending spree days are soon to be over and it's time to get back on budget. We are planning a small shop this weekend but after that it's pretty much done for and time to just wait for her arrival.
I added these ballerinas to the shelves that we hung, and they are special to me because I remember them growing up as a little girl myself when I had them in my room. Of course one of the porcelain legs broke along the way, nothing a little super glue couldn't fix, but it makes me so happy to be passing on something from my childhood. She will also get to play with my barbie and baby doll collection as she gets older too!
After our hard work of putting Brynley's nursery together, it was time for some fun in the sun in our backyard pool. With the temps in the upper 90's we were all ready to cool down, and even Ryder was asking to go in the pool. This picture absolutely is my favorite and I laughed and laughed when I saw it! This is one of the many reasons I married Scot, for his silly spirit for making me laugh and being funny.
and of course there was a baby bump moment like this to remember by too! I have now realized, after turning 30 weelks, that it might be time to stop wearing my bikini, and time to get my "Mommy Mu Mu" out! I've definitely grown and I think it may be the last weekend of me in my bikini, or I may just have to stick to cute coverups. I do love my baby bump and I love showing her off now though, so we will see. I love moments like these and I am so excited for Brynley's arrival in just a few more weeks! In the meantime I am trying to savor my time with Ryder as much as possible, as I know it will be a huge change for him. I hope you are all having a good week, and I am so happy the middle of the week has finally gotten here. We have fun plans for some more family time this weekend, and I am looking forward to hopefully taking Ryder to see Cars 2 after my OB visit Friday morning. Stay tuned to see how that all goes and have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment