Thursday, July 21, 2011

Baby Bump: 31 Weeks!

Date: July 18th, 2011
How Far Along: 31 weeks!
Size of the Baby: weighs as much as 4 oranges
Maternity Clothes: all maternity pants and a mix of maternity and regular tops and dresses
Gender: a GIRL! Brynley Alison Gelinas
Movement: big bumps and lots of movement which I can actually watch my stomach move with each kick or jab that she does. Miss B is quite the busy bee lately, but I have also noticed her "quiet times" too!
Sleep: about the same as the last few weeks as far as not being able to get comfortable for long periods of time before my hips or knees or legs, calf muscles, you name it, get sore and I have to reposition myself and my pillow I use to prop between my knees. I am getting up about twice a night to use the bathroom and then I have to readjust all over again
Cravings/Aversions: I'm at the point where I just don't crave much and I really don't have an appetite. Sure I will eat if it's available, but I don't find myself going out of the way to get something to eat just because of a craving anymore. Brynley takes up so much space in my stomach now that when I do eat I get heartburn so that has kept me from wanting to eat a lot too
Symptoms: Tuesday night I had the worst experience so far! I was laying in bed with a few pillows propped up behind me and the next thing I know, I started getting a tightening shooting pain right above my belly button that felt like cramping and seizing up at the same time. I didn't know what it was because I had never experienced anything like it with Ryder, and never had up until this point and the only way I found comfort was lying perfectly still, almost paralyzed, on my right side facing Scot. I couldn't even move to pull the covers up around me! I was really scared, because anytime I tried moving or getting up, the pulling and seizing in my stomach muscles would start again and I was literally crying it hurt so bad! Before calling my OB, I had Scot google a few things to make sure it was normal. Sometimes this can be a bad thing, because we found anything from it could be an umbilical hernia, to just being the normal stretches that occur as the stomach muscles seperate (ouch!). I prayed before bed that the pain would stop, and by the next morning I felt much better and was actually able to move around. I was still sore, but nothing compared to what I had gone through the night before. Now it just felt like I had done some serious abs the day before ha! I guess you could say this was by far the worst symptom so far, but I'm still having the usual heartburn and hip pain.
Mood: I'm excited that the weeks are going by quickly, I've just been discouraged lately because I'm tired all the time and my whole body aches now, which leaves me feeling like I can never do things I could just weeks ago. I feel bad for Ryder because he wants to play and I always have to say "Mommy can't hold you right now" or "Mommy's not feeling good right now" and I feel so bad. I love him so much and it hurts me to see that he now goes to Scot for everything, like he knows that Mommy is out of commission right now. I do know this is just a season and I only have about a month to go
Highlights this week: finding a template to make some cute dresses for Brynley with my mom soon! I can't wait to buy the fabric and materials I need and to get started
What I Miss: I'm starting to miss my non maternity clothes, and definitely being able to sleep on my stomach, and just in general not having my whole body hurt and wanting my energy back!

No comments:

Post a Comment