Thursday, June 2, 2011

Baby Bump: 24 Weeks!

Date: May 30th, 2011
How Far Along: 24 weeks! (6 MONTHS!!)
Size of the Baby: an ear of corn
Maternity Clothes: all maternity pants and a mix of maternity and regular tops and dresses. Gotta have that pregnancy panel in now that the bump is large and in charge ha!
Gender: a GIRL! Brynley Alison (Alison after my middle name too)
Movement: lots this week. She gets more and more active as eash week passes. I notice she gets really active when I'm laying out and my belly is exposed to the bright sun, so I think she can probably see the light somewhat. Her bumps and kicks are so strong and visible now too and I love it
Sleep: I seem to be sleeping ok, but still feel more tired this week and last. Some pregnancy insomnia is lingering still, but just trying to fall back to sleep so I don't get moody and tired through the day. At least I can lay comfortably in bed at this point still, I just wish I could lay on my stomach since I am a stomach sleeper.
Cravings/Aversions: It's been so hot this week that nothing really sounds good, but I did make a strawberry jello pretzel dessert with a chicken pot pie bake and it was delish! I think I have craved strawberries more than anything this pregnancy, and I would have to say that the one thing that makes me gag to eat still is meat. Hamburger, chicken, pork, beef, you name it and just talking about it ughh
Symptoms: to sum it up this week- lots of getting up to pee throughout the day and at least 2 or 3 times during the night, I get short of breath easily just walking up the stairs or standing too long (maybe she is standing on my lungs ha!), lots of Braxton Hicks contractions in full force. Not painful, just uncomfortable and tight and I don't remember noticing them as much when I was pregnant with Ryder as I do now. This 100 degree weather hasn't helped my pregnancy symptoms, but thank goodness for AC and baby pools to cool down in!
Mood: overall happy, less emotional
Highlights this week: getting Brynley's changing table/dresser unit and more or her monogrammed outfits I'd ordered in the mail
Husbandisms: none so far (I think he made up for it all last week ha!)
Dreams: none this week
What I Miss: frozen margaritas and laying on my stomach. When I tried laying out, I haven't been able to get sun on my back and it's so white compared to the rest of my body since I can't lay on my stomach. They should invent a pregnancy lounge chair ha!

 And I just had to share a few girly things that have been making their way into Brynleys nursery lately. I can't wait to start setting her room up and putting her socks and tights in her dresser. I love anything with a monogram on it and just had to have these sweet little newborn gown dresses. I also couldn't pass up on the pink and leopard swaddle me blanket and ballet slipper socks at babies r us last weekend. Having a girl is turning out to be so fun to shop for, and she's not even here yet, so I can imagine the fun we will have soon!
Wishing everyone a Happy Thursday and a great week so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment