Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Baby Bump: 25 Weeks!

Date: June 6th, 2011
How Far Along: 25 weeks! (6 MONTHS!!)
Size of the Baby: a rutabaga or eggplant
Maternity Clothes: all maternity pants and a mix of maternity and regular tops and dresses. I was so happy to go to Old Navy this past weekend and bought 2 non-maternity dresses for this summer that I got in a larger size. I am LOVING the empire waisted, and maxi dresses trends right now. Perfect for pregnancy and I won't mind wearing them even once Brynley is born in the months before getting back in shape
Gender: a GIRL! Brynley Alison (Alison after my middle name too)
Movement: I felt a lot this week and even Scot was able to feel her more! One night he laid his hand on my belly and she must have had the hiccups because she was bumping around like crazy
Sleep: I'm sleeping well this week, although I'm having to get up to pee a lot more during the night, but at least I am able to go right back to sleep after getting up
Cravings/Aversions: I have craved a lot of mexican the past few days, no aversions really
Symptoms: having to pee a lot more, and even right after just going! I also feel much bigger this week and my boobs seem to have found a home to rest on the top of the bump now ha!
Mood: overall happy, less emotional
Highlights this week: going to my OB to meet Dr R and also having my anatomy ultrasound. I really really liked the Dr and would be happy with her or the midwife I had been seeing to deliver the baby. I feel very comfortable with them both and feel an ease now that I wasn't so sure about in the beginning, when searching for a new OB/practice. Also getting Brynley's carseat cover in the mail and I can't wait to put it on Ryder's old Graco carseat to make it look more girly. Some of the things mentioned at my appt this time to remember were that I had low levels of Vitamin D, so the Dr started me on supplements and said that was probably why I felt drained lately. I also found my blood type is A + which I don't think I knew before and she answered a lot of questions we had, and said Brynley weighed 1 and 1/2 pound, measuring 25 weeks and her estimated due date now September 19th. I left feeling much better about everything and my next appt is in a week or so and will be my glucose test where I have to drink the sugary drink- yuck! Not looking forward to THAT!
Husbandisms: none so far
Dreams: none this week
What I Miss: hmm.. with it being the highlight of the summer, now that it's June I would have to say I miss what my belly and legs looked like pre-pregnancy ha! I can still see my feet and was able to give myself a french manicure this morning, but those days will be a distant memory before too long I'm sure!


No comments:

Post a Comment