Monday, June 20, 2011

Baby Bump: 26 Weeks!

Well, somehow I'm a week behind on my Baby Bump posts, but here are my stats from last week. I love being able to compare each week to when I was pregnant with Ryder! I just wished that I had taken pictures each week like I have with Brynley, but at least I've been able to compare each month.

Date: June 13th, 2011
How Far Along: 26 weeks! (Third Trimester)
Size of the Baby: an english hothouse cucumber
Maternity Clothes: I've noticed I can't wear certain non-maternity pants and tops anymore that I was able to wear a few weeks ago. Also, I'm starting to show more which means my maternity clothes are fitting a lot better and I'm feeling better about my pregnant body
Gender: a GIRL! Brynley Alison Gelinas (Alison after my middle name) It was confirmed yet again at our ultrasound last week that we are still having a little girl and that makes me so happy. I'm not sure I let Scot's doubts about us having a girl effect me so much, especially when I had such a strong feeling this whole time that it was a girl, and that was after three ultrasounds ha!
Movement: I've noticed a lot more movement when I'm more relaxed or when less people and talking aren't around. Very actice!! I think she can tell between mine, Scot's and Ryder's voices and when she hears someone talking that she isn't used to it scares her and she jumps, or won't move around as much. Maybe she's shy :)
Sleep: I'm sleeping well this week, although I'm having to get up to pee a lot more during the night, but at least I am able to go right back to sleep after getting up. The drive to Florida the past week was hard on my body to be in the car that long and I couldn't get comfortable no matter what I tried, so I slept really well once I was in a bed and once we got home in my own bed
Cravings/Aversions: I have craved a lot of mexican and seafood (which still boggles my mind since I don't really like seafood). I also seem to be craving candy bars lately and have tried not to cave in to my cravings but they are right there at the checkout line! Again, I usually never want sweets so it's definitely a pregnancy thing ha. Still having major aversions to meat and to eggs more now too- gag! I even got a little nauseus because Scot put eggs in the lasagna and I smelled them and couldn't finish my dinner. Crazy I know
Symptoms: still having to pee more, the bump is getting bigger and bigger, I also get weird leg cramps and toe cramps but found I can usually massage the cramps out. I also had some back pain after an extremely long work week and my very sweet husband massaged my lower back for a long time and I was back to myself again. I'm thinking it's time to redeem my Mother's Day massage gift certificate now
Mood: relaxed, and enjoying my pregnancy. I've had some recent emotional stress from our recent trip to see my inlaws, (just being honest) and work was really hard this past week when our server crashed and patients were walking in that weren't on our schedule and just an overall hectic week. I'm just trying to remain calm so I don't let anything affect my pregnancy though
Highlights this week: getting Brynley's car seat cover in the mail and putting it together, it's soo cute! I also ordered more things for her nursery and have started putting the final touches on her room and will be excited to see everything when it's finished. I'm happy that we ended up doing a big boy themed room for Ryder too, after much debate, because it looks so cute and I didn't want him feeling left out. I also realized that he will turn three this November and it was time to put up his baby things (although I was sad before, I'm finally getting past that and wanted him to have a big boy room to accomodate more play time and his needs now).
Husbandisms: none so far- he's been so attentive and sweet lately
Dreams: lots of naughty dreams. What in the world??
What I Miss: the usual- frozen mixed drinks on these hot summer days, sleeping and lying on my stomach, and overall having more energy than I've had lately


No comments:

Post a Comment