After waking up Sunday morning, I knew something was off when Ryder was soaked and his head was burning up. My initial thought was "looks like we aren't going anywhere today". While I was tending to Ryder and getting him a good dose of tylenol to help break his fever, Scot made a call to his Dad to wish him a Happy Fathers Day. After our unsettled trip to see his parents, we had both been dreading the call, but knew it had to be done, as it was Fathers Day. He has a very complicated relationship with his parents, but at the end of the day they are still, and always be his parents. It didn't go very well, and after getting off the phone Scot left feeling very sad and raw with emotions. I felt his pain, and felt so bad that all of my Fathers Day plans for him had gone down the drain, but he tried to put on a smile for me, and told me that he was happy just spending the day with Ryder and I. After awhile, the tylenol must have kicked in because Ryder was back to himself in no time! At this point, we started wondering if we should just go with our original plan and head to the mountains, but then realized we shouldn't push it in case Ryder started feeling worse, and we would save the trip for another weekend this summer. We all showered and changed and were ready to give Scot his much deserved Fathers Day gifts. Besides, whats a day of honoring Daddy without fun gifts!
Of course Ryder was very excited to help his Daddy with all of his cards and gifts
Scot modeled his hat, reef sandals, and bathingsuit for us, and then we were ready to get out of the house for a little bit in hopes of lifting everyone's spirits. We decided to just go for a low key walk around the lake.
Afterwards we asked Ryder what he wanted to do with Daddy for the daddy, and he said he wanted to go to the park. Of course we obliged and took Ryder to Hope Park. We had given a donation awhile ago because we wanted to do something in our community, and so it went towards building the addition to the park, the splash pad. I was very excited to see it since it had been built. As usual, Ryder wasn't having any part of the water, but I think that if we were to go on a hot afternoon that he would be all over it! He watched all of the other kids running and playing in the water, but was very cautious about getting wet.
There was plenty of time for swinging on the tire swings, running around, and pretending to drive the race cars to keep us entertained. Hope Park is so cute and it's our favorite park to frequent with Ryder and I can't wait to start taking Brynley too! Ryder wanted to sit in his swing all by himself, so at one point we had a race, and all three of us got on a swing and tried swinging as high as we could.
It turned out to be a really good day and Ryder was one happy boy and feeling like himself again. I think it was just him teething his 2 year old molars because after another dose of tylenol, his fever never came back the rest of the day. We came back home and spent the rest of the day relaxing at home and just taking it easy. Scot was happy with all of his Fathers Day goodies and just spending the day with his family. Ryder loves Scot so much and they have such a special bond. He looks up to his daddy so much, and is his best friend in the world. I am just so blessed to have Scot as my husband and the father to our babies and I thank God for him everyday. We had spent Saturday with my mom and stepdad playing in their pool and just taking time to honor him on Fathers Day, and then on Sunday I had a long conversation with my Dad. I am very lucky to have so many men in my life that love me, and I am so happy that Ryder has such a great Dad!
To end our day, Ryder got to take a very fun bubble bath and was being so silly and cute in the bath tub! He kept putting bubbles on his chin and being so funny! Lately he has started asking for his space, and wanting to take baths by himself, so we have started letting him take long baths in our bath. I can't wait to see he and Brynley in a bubble bath together, cracking one another up with bubble beards and faces! After getting all cleaned up, we ended the night with slices of Boston Creme Pie, as requested by Scot. It was so good and of course Ryder loved the chocolate frosting and wanted to lick it all with his fingers! What started to look like disappointment in our day, turned out to be a wonderful day. We love you Scot and Happy Fathers Day!! You are the best Daddy in the world and you truly deserve the best.

No comments:
Post a Comment