Saturday, June 18, 2011

Weekend Randoms

The weekend is here and I thought what better way to catch up on things that doing another post on all about randoms. I do love reading other blogs and all their randomness, so I hope you do too!
  • It feels so good to be back home after being away the past few days to Florida. I never sleep as well as I do in my own bed, and believe it or not we all slept in (after Ryder came down to our room around 5:30) until 7 this morning! True Bliss! I know we only have 3 months left to "sleep in" until Brynley gets here so believe me I am taking full advantage.
  • I am so excited to celebrate Fathers Day tomorrow with Scot and can't wait to show him his goodies from Ryder, Tucker and I. Now that we have a family of our own, it means even more to me as an adult as it ever did growing up and I want to pamper him on his day for being such a wonderful Daddy. As requested, we got a Boston Creme Pie and have plans to drive to the mountains for the day to do a little hiking and then hopefully get a look at the bears and wildlife at Grandfather Mountain. I love my man and am so blessed to have him as my husband and father to our children.
  • I've been really nauseus and starting to get lower backaches lately and am starting to wonder if the third trimester is coming in with a BANG and rekindling some of those old 1st trimester morning sickness blues. I'm hoping it's just a fluke, but was well aware that the honeymoon phase of pregnancy was rapidly coming to an end.
  • I've been very emotional (hormonal) this past week and to say it's been a rough week is an understatement. I've felt very raw after our visit with my inlaws, and then got back to work this past week and was faced with more stress than I was prepared for. Not to mention our AC died yesterday so it was the icing on the cake. I'm so glad the weekend is here so the week can slowly start to fade away.
  • Okay now I really sound whiny after reading the bullet point above
 Meet Ryder the Surfer Dude- We decided to go ahead with plans to give Ryder a Big Boy room and found some really cute stuff while we were in Florida. We were planning to wait until next year to do a theme, but with Ryders love for sea creatures (sharks, whales, dolphins, and crabs to name some of his all time faves) we couldn't resist. After some debating we decided to splurge and go ahead with plans to do his room after finding some deals and we wanted to make sure he wasn't forgotten when the baby gets here. My favorite is the surfboard that I found on etsy with a seller named SundyTreasures. I love how it turned out and love the shark bite!
  •  I found this recipe on Big Mama's blog for Southwestern Black Bean salsa and can't get enough! I have been craving fresh veggies and mexican lately so it sounded too good to pass up. It's the perfect meal for a hot summer day, either served with chips or eaten right out of the bowl. MMM good!
  •  More of Brynley's things have started to come in the mail. I found this adorable carseat cover to put over Ryders old carseat on etsy. I looked high and low for an affordable one and was so happy when I found this one. It's even cuter in person than I thought!
  •  I had been eyeing a hairbow holder I'd seen on etsy, but was thrilled during a trip to Hobby Lobby when I found this one for half the price! I love a good bargain and it will look so cute in Brynley's room!
  •  Here is the Baby K'Tan carrier I found during a visit to buybuy Baby. I'd never been to this store before but fell in love right away. I'm not sure why I never knew about it before, but love it even more than Babies R Us! They had the baby carrier I had been wanting and it was cheaper than the ones I'd found online, and seeing it in person I was able to even try it on at the store. I have practiced using Elmo as a baby and so far so good! Putting a newborn in and walking around will be another thing, but I like it so far. The directions make the assembly look easy, but it did feel really comfortable and softer than some of the carriers I'd seen, and I had heard really great reviews from other moms.
  • I couldn't pass up on the hot pink and zebra tin I saw at Hobby Lobby and plan to use it to hold diapers. The cross was an added bonus and can't wait to hang everything up in Brynley's nursery! Her bedding has been ordered and her hand painted canvas letters will be arriving in the mail anyday now. Except for her chandelier and side table/lamp we are almost done with her room and I am so excited to share soon! It's so funny to walk in her room after being in Ryder's and seeing such a difference between super girly and surfer dude and I love having a boy and soon to be adding a girl to the mix.
  •  Speaking of Brynley's nursery, Scot has gotten "kicked" out of his office now that we are making room for baby, but we have made due with what we have, and he has taken residence in the closet. (Don't let him fool you though, this is just his other office for when things get too noisy while I'm staying at home. His other office is at the top of the stairs, taking up the space where the landing used to be. We have come to terms with living in a townhome for now, and we have plenty of space for two kids and our master room, but unfortunately Scot got the short end of the stick with his office, but we are making the best of things and so far it hasn't been too bad of an adjustment. We have about 1900 sq ft in our townhome, but will be glad when the day comes that we can be in a home with more land and more space. We took the pictures of our current living situation to look back on and laugh.

  • As I was finishing up this post on my randomness, it started to get really dark outside, so we went outside and I got this picture before the wind picked up our grill cover and one of our patio chairs. Looks like it's time to wrap things up and go watch this summer storm come rolling in! Have a GREAT Saturday everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment