Friday, June 24, 2011

Baby Bump: 27 Weeks!

I was running late for work when I grabbed Scot to take a quick 27 week picture. Some weeks the pictures come out great, while others (and in this case) not so much. With him leaving on a business trip for a few days I wanted to make sure I got my weekly Baby Bump shot in because by the time he returned, I would be 28 weeks. The weeks are really flying by now and I can't believe I will be 30 weeks soon! If the bad hair day, startled look on my face, and big chunky arms (noted not to wear sleeveless dresses until I start lifting light weights again) don't scare you too much, here is what's going on with me and Miss Brynley Bug this week!
Date: June 20th, 2011
How Far Along: 27 weeks!
Size of the Baby: head of cauliflower
Maternity Clothes: my favorites right now (because it's getting to be soo hot!) are my comfy summer dresses and shorts with cute ribbed tank tops to show off my baby bump
Gender: a GIRL! Brynley Alison Gelinas
Movement: definitely very active lately. Around 7am, once I've had a cup of coffee and eaten breakfast and then gotten to work, also about every hour afterwards I feel her here and there, and then the most active once I get home from work and she hears familiar voices of her Daddy and brother. After my glucose test yesterday she was extremely active all day afterwards from all of the sugar!
Sleep: some good days where I don't even get up to pee during the night because I'm so tired and some not so good- pregnancy insomnia where I toss and turn and can't get comfortable
Cravings/Aversions: cravings for pasta and cheese, like the string cheese and slices of muenster cheese but not much aversions other than fried food (usually after I've already eaten it though).
Symptoms: the belly is definitely getting bigger and much more noticeable now, I'm more uncomfortable sitting, squatting, lying down and when sitting for a long time. Overall I'm definitely more tired too and starting to have to pee all the time even right after going to the bathroom
Mood: happy to be in my third trimester but just wishing for more energy and I haven't been happy about the numbers on the scale when I was weighed this week at my OB appt. I definitely feel very big right now!
Highlights this week: going to my OB appt, now I am on a 3 week rotation, but after my next appt will be down to every 2 weeks. Highlights from my appt included my weight, having to take the glucose test which I remembered being much worse the last time. I had fruit punch then, and got to choose orange flavor this time so I think that was the difference. I love sunkist, so it really just tasted like a flat Sunkist soda and I wasn't nauseus like before thank goodness. I still haven't gotten results back, but have a good feeling I passed since I haven't heard from the OB office. My BP was good and I got to hear Brynley's heartbeat which was around 140. I had a good appt and was told we needed to schedule the hospital tour soon
Husbandisms: I really missed Scot this past week as he was travelling to California on a business trip. We had a lot of time together before he left but I really miss him when he isn't around, and he is so helpful with Ryder and making sure I get rest if I need it in the mornings so I've had a rough few days while he's away
Dreams: nothing I remember this week
What I Miss: prepregnancy body, being able to bend over without a big belly in the way (painful by the way), sleeping on my stomach

No comments:

Post a Comment