From a list of my Must Haves for the Fall to wanting to jump in and take part of The Nester's 31 day post challenge. But if I'm being honest here, we're leaving for Disney tomorrow and I don't really forsee any of these things making it to the ole' blog so I will leave you with some of the things that would've made Blonde Moment Monday instead. Aren't ya'll lucky? ha!
- A few days before the vomit nazi came to town, I was able to at least indulge in a yummy Starbucks drink and an hour or so to shop around. By.My.SELF. Priorities people!! My first question was what latte to order. (I ended up choosing salted caramel mocha) My second thought was ok. Time to browse Target. On my own. Sans kids. In other words, a vacation! You other Moms agree ha.
- So while I was there I ended up buying a pair of bright blue skinny jeans. I have been wanting to try this trend for awhile now, but wasn't sure how they would look on me. Not to mention in a bright, attention-getting color. So I love them but I just hope that what I think looks good on, is the same as what others see on me.
- For celebrating my MIL and turning 60, what better theme while at Disney, than doing a Mickey Mouse theme! I got busy with these water bottle labels I found ( I did the Disney font with a sharpie), made a welcome banner to hang on the outside of her room, along with a cute birthday banner with the mouse of course! I was so happy with the way it turned out. So much in fact, that I think I enjoy the process of party planning and putting it all together and didn't even mind that it took 2 days to complete. I think she will be very surprised!
- And because we will be at Magic Kingdom, I thought I would bring ya'll a blast from the past with these retro pics of my brother, aunt, uncle, cousins, Mom, and Grannie.
- I've loved looking back at some of these old photos from my childhood. Great memories and I'm hoping to bring back many great memories from this trip as well! When visiting with my inlaws it can be a slippery slope at times, and my last vacation to Disney with them was no picnic in the end. Or at least I thought it was a great trip until we got home. But that's water under the bridge and I'm just praying for a wonderful time this round.
- I have no idea who this random girl was that got in on the picture on the right, but that's me on the left. You know, the goofy Hawaii outfit wearin' little chickadee with bright blonde hair.
- This girl has been lucky enough to escape the virus the rest of us all got, but she's blessed us with plenty of piss and vinegar to spare! Teething is at it's height for her and she is just having the worst time with it, poor thing. She wears her Amber teething necklace 24/7, we dose her with Tylenol at night as needed, and plenty of teething tabs through the day too, and she just gets all broken out from the saliva, and she gets mad and wants to bite everything, including her hand! She even bit Scot yesterday when he tried to apply orajel!
- I decided to get the fall decor out finally. It is October afterall. Geez, slacker! It's put me in the mood to want to get some white pumpkins and do the house all up in FALL!
- Here lies a picture of me after getting soaked in a terrantial downpour. I can count on my hands the times that this has happened to me, and I literally look like I had just taken a shower, right? We have had so much rain lately and I think that it will finally cool down some. I just wish that I'd had the insight to see that it was going to pour as I walked outside, because just moments before were sunny skies and blue clouds!
- And speaking of Fall, Ryder was out on Fall Break this week, which is crazy to think he's already been in school long enough for, not to mention crazy that a preschooler has a "break". I met with his teacher yesterday and we discussed his progress this year so far. He really loves both of his teachers and his best friends are in his class so the boy is in heaven. I can't say enough great things about his school and I am so glad God knew this was the right school for us, back when I was considering getting Ryder into a different school with a wait list.
- Is anyone hooked on any of the new TV shows? We just started watching Guys with Kids and I LOVE it! So funny and I knew it would have to be since Jimmy Fallon is a creator for the show. Of course my old favorites would be Grey's Anatomy (so sad last episode!), Modern Family, Big Bang Theory, Raising Hope, Once Upon A Time, and my old standbys on Bravo. aka Real Housewives.
- I am just so inspired by Pinterest and I have let my obsession with it slide just a tad lately. However, I let myself look each week to add yummy Fall inspired recipres or crafts to my boards, as well as some motivation for fitness and cleaning tips. If you want to follow me, you can find me here :)
- Well, I'm off to catch up on some Guiliana and Bill reruns and get some rest before we embark!
- Cheers for tomorrow being FRIDAY!!

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
I finally watched The Hunger Games a couple of weeks ago. I loved it! I was worried as I had read some bad reviews. I do think if I hadn't read the book I wouldn't have liked it that much.
ReplyDeleteHave fun in Disney!