- Happy Monday!
- Well, it may not be happy for some of you in the Northeast, where Hurricane Sandy is concerned. The last that I watched of the news this morning, she was headed for CT and NYC! Scary times, man. Also the death toll is so sad, and scary. Prayers to all of those families.
- Onto happier news!
- It's official. I am going to be an Aunt this summer. In June!
- Speaking of babies, have ya'll noticed the baby boom going around these parts on the blog and what seems like everywhere else too?? So many of my friends have been announcing their exciting news on Facebook and even people I've known that struggled with infertility for years are finding out they are pregnant. God is so good :)
- Aside from the crazy cold front headed our way, we have been having some amazing Fall days here in North Carolina. We decided to take full advantage of these awesome late afternoons and go for family walks in our neighborhood. The kids even cooperated so I could get some pics with the fallen leaves behind them.
- These moments are rare these days, getting the two of my babies to sit still long enough to say "cheese".
- I meant to post this on Bits about Brynley, but look who loves her new babydoll! It makes my Momma heart smile when I see her interact with the girly toys, because so often she goes for one of Ryder's trucks or balls over her own things.
- And speaking of toys, she had the best time cruising around in a friend's Cozy Coupe over the weekend, that I think we know what the little Miss will be getting from Santa this year!
- On Saturday we went to the birthday party of one of Ryder's preschool friends. These three are the three amigos and play with one another any chance they get! We tried getting the three of them to smile at the same time, but this was the best we could do. And obviously they adore navy blue. Isn't that most 3 year old boys favorite color afterall?
- I couldn't pass up the chance to get a Fall photo of me with one of the pumpkins Ryder picked out at the pumpkin patch last week.
- Also sporting my new black skinnies from the GAP, and leopard print scarf. LOVE xoxo
- Why did I wait so long to jump on the skinny jean bandwagon trend again?
- With nothing to do after we got home from Dylan's birthday party, we decided it was a better time than never to carve our pumpkins.
- This wasn't the hardest year in carving pumpkins. That award goes to last year, where I spent a good chunk of the time swaddling and rocking Brynley, and attempting to entertain Ryder so that Scot could have a fair chance at getting an actual carving out of his pumpkin.
- I do love these pictures though, and love looking back and seeing what a difference just a year makes!
- Last year we went all Mr Potato Head style, and opted for optimal easiness. This year we got a bit trickier and decided on leaving the carving to Scot. Aka Pumpkin master haha! I let Ryder get his creativity out and he actually chose quite the color palete, as opposed to all blue this time.
- I was very impressed, and afterwards we added a bunch of glow in the dark paint for the finishing touch. I forgot to post after pictures of our pumpkins, but ya'll would be very impressed!
- Once we were finished with our pumpkins, and while we waited for the pumpkin master to finish his masterpiece, and maybe in between Brynley wailing to get out of the confinements of her highchair, we chowed down on some homemade candy apples that we got at the party.
- Oh the childhood memories were flowing!
- Wish I could say that Ryder shared my love for these candy coated delights, but he took one big bite out of one after this, and declared it was yuck!
- At least he still finds grits to be devine.
- And this was the final masterpiece that Scot carved out. Not quite the Spiderman face that he was going for, but with a grabby baby and antsy little boy asking for M&M's and begging to help carve. Just this once. Over and over again, it was the best he could do.
- Next year will be. Wait for it.. Legendary!
- To end our family fun, we roasted marshmallows on the firepit. Things were turning out to be a great night until the wind bands of Hurricane Sandy came out of nowhere. We had to end the s'more fest early, but we still ate plenty of gooey goodness, and decided it was probably safer to just hang out and watch the fire burn (with the screen on) out than to stuff our mouths anyway. Okay, at least that was what we told the kids anyway.
- Mmm and I made my annual roasted pumpkin seeds, which turned out even better this year because I let them sit out and air dry overnight, and they toasted right up!
- My Mom came over to watch the kids on Thursday night so Scot and I could have a date, as she was going out of town to see my Grannie for the weekend. Ryder and Brynley were thrilled to see her, and as always, she came with goodies.
- Halloween goodies this time, that is. I ended up eating these pictured above, and they were so good. An ear, a set of teeth, a peanut butter finger, and an eyeball.
Halloween goodies this time, that is. I ended up eating these pictured above, and they were so good. An ear, a set of teeth, a peanut butter finger, and an eyeball.
- What fun we had on our date! First we had On The Border for house margaritas and enchiladas, and then we walked it all off by going to the mall for some Fall clothes. Being pregnant the past year, I was due for some new pieces.
- Afterwards, we went to Toys R Us to get Ryder some things for his upcoming birthday.
- How is it going to be November this week??
- I also forgot to mention that I got my hair did. This was a picture the same day, but not the best quality, with neon lighting as a backdrop.
- As always, I considered changing things up a bit. Adding bangs, maybe some darker lowlights, or a cut. But in the end, long and blonde with a side swept bang ruled.
- Maybe one day I will get daring!
- I was so happy with my bright blue skinnies from Target, that I decided to score the rest of these babies on Clearance. And to my happy surprise, they went from $16 to $11!
- #lovewhenthathappens
- So Christmas. Thoughts on decorations yet?
- Thoughts in general?
- As for me, I think we are set in the decorations department, but as I mentioned before. We are in need of coordinating stockings. Preferably with monograms.
- Currently I am loving these from Pottery Barn Kids, but why can't they feature more blonde headed girls to their collection. Aren't we supposed to appeal to all nationalities and hair color?
-
Anyways. It's either thosee, or these from Etsy by Sweet Little Things 4 u.
- And speaking of Christmas, after viewing this photo, I realized how much I want a new camera lens to get some better pictures. It's a great setting, but I only wish I had a lens that got a closer view!
- So those are some of my blonde moments today. What are yours??



I need to check out my Target! I have been wanting to try the colored jeans trend and this is a great price!
ReplyDeleteWe are getting Max a Cozy Coupe for Christmas. It seems like the perfect gift for this age.
I've started thinking about my Christmas decor. I know I won't be able to have as much out since Max is into everything. I am worried about him messing with the tree!
Sula loves Colt's Cozy Coupe too. Its so cute!
ReplyDeleteAnd last year I posted about Pottery Barn's stocking and the lack of blonde girls!! So frustrating! Those are the ones we have but I ended up getting her one of a deer. I thought about writing PB to complain but never got around to it. (They did have a blonde angel but it was sold out.)