- Hey ladies! (and maybe a gent or two, but who's counting)
- For some reason, as fate would have it, I just can.not.post on a Monday for the past two weeks now. We had issues with the internet and something about the router.
- Being a non-techy person, I don't really know what's going on with it, so here goes my last attempt to get this posted.
- So how was your weekend?
- Sorry about the last post. I don't know how much or how little to reveal on my blog, even when I'm hurting, and I would never want to come across like a B*TCH on here, even when I am having a bad day or an emotional issue with someone. And with that being said, I wrote a whole post to go along with all of our remaining Disney trip, and yet somehow it only posted the first paragraph ha!
- That's life right? But maybe it was best that some things didn't get published, and it was more or less a rant I needed to get out to myself.
- Okay. Moving on! Do any of ya'll watch Giuliana & Bill on the Style network? I'd always been a fan of Giuliana on E! and my heart went out to her after hearing her story of infertility and breast cancer. I just recently started watching the show and love her and Bill even more.
- {photo via Enstarz}
- With that being said, while at the grocery store yesterday, I was browsing the magazines at checkout and saw that they will be having another baby and I was so happy for them because of all the struggles they went through.
- I know I know. Enough Hollywood gossip, right?
- So I asked how your weekend was, but I didn't even get to the great one we had!
- Scot's Aunt and Uncle came down from New Hampshire to visit with us and see the kids. We always look so forward to their visits because they are just genuinely kind people and I love his Aunt like my own Mom. I always kiddingly ask why she couldn't have been my MIL.
- With all of the drama going on with his family, it was nice to have a refreshing visit with other members of his family to remind me that I am loved by them and not to let it get me down.
- They were so happy to see Ryder and Brynley, and after losing their only son two years ago, I think it was good for their soul to be with them.
- We had a Fall photo shoot with my friend and amazing photographer, and afterwards I met a friend and let the kids play while we had lunch. It was so funny because the babies were now playing with one another (minus Brynley trying to pull his hair!).
- I am so happy that we are in October and pumpkins are everywhere. I just had to get some pumpkin doughnuts at Duncan Doughnuts, along with some pumpkin spice creamer to go with my coffee this Fall. Yum!
- {photo via Makoodle.com}
- At my MOPS meeting last week, we talked about fun crafts to do with our kids, and one of the Moms shared this fun Halloween countdown, along with other holidays to do too. I am planning to go to Hobby Lobby this week to pick up the materials I will need to make one!
- and one more thing I have to share with ya'll! I found these cute Halloween printables that I found on Pinterest and thought they were adorable. I plan to print them out for party favors for upcoming Halloween parties this week! You can find me on Pinterest, and here is the link for these labels if you want them too.
My Pinterest site is http://pinterest.com/lauraalison/
- I am so excited that I just signed up for a Women's retreat this February. As I mentioned before, I got so frustrated when Scot went away for a guys weekend for his Fantasy Football draft back in August, and it was then that I realized that it would be good for me to get some "Me" time in too! So when the opportunity came up, I was jumping in head first!
- Well here's to having the internet working for the next 5 minutes, and getting a shower and bathrooms cleaned before Brynley wakes up from her nap. Not sure that the cleaing will get done, but will definitely be getting a shower for the day ha!




I went to a Women's Retreat at my church in Kansas several years ago. It was so much fun! I have yet to find an event like that at my church now, probably because it is so big. Sometimes I think a smaller church is what my family needs.
ReplyDeleteI am officially in MOPS and loving it! I have already learned so much and am making some connections with other moms :)