- Happy Monday ya'll!
- I seriously tried to post this yesterday and then again last night but my internet was having no part in any posting or anything else for that matter.
- It was a happy day for me because I was ready to get started with the week after being away on vacation and ready to jump back into a routine. Not that sleeping in each morning til' 7:30 isn't a bonus, but we gots places to be and people to see! Busy week here for the Gelinas fam!
- So have ya'll been checking off any of the Fall bucket lists going around? I really wanted to make one of my own, but as time didn't allow, I'm using the ones I've seen on other blogs. I can't believe that we are in full SWING here with the Fall. I mean we left for Florida and it was like 90 degrees out, and now we're into the 50's.
- How does that happen?
- Anyways, I have a lot of catching up to do, but we are going to the pumpkin patch tomorrow so I'm happy to report we will at least make a dent in the list considering we've already worn our Halloween costumes to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party.
(bucketlist via Katie from Loves of Life)
{or you could check out Jenna's from Life of the Wife}
- While we were in Charleston (en route to our drive back to NC from Disney), we enjoyed a day at Folly Beach and then a day trip in Charleston. A post to come on all of that, and I still have to get to those amaze-balls fried green tomatoes, but first. These GRITS.
- Oh I'm still dreaming on not one but TWO orders I consumed during our day stay in Charleston. So naturally I had to buy a sack to take home with me.
- Delicious I might add. Marrying a Northerner, Scot has no passion and respect for grits like I do, and he thought I was just plain weird for loving to eat them. But after he tasted these real stone ground babies he was hooked, and I've caught him eating them everyday since from the big batch I made on Sunday for breakfast!
- My thirty-one bag arrived a few weeks ago and I was sooo happy to get to use it on our trip! After having to hear Scot complain about the $65 price of my bag, he was finally convinced while at the beach, resort, etc that this is actually a really great bag afterall. Pricetag and all. Not only did we hang on the beach and it appeared to be a beach bag to keep our bevies cold, but I was able to use it as another bag to throw the kids toys in on our drive to FL.
- This was one of the birthday gifts Scot's parents gave Brynley while we were visiting. I will give you one guess as to who has played with it the most! Ha! Yes, not only is this blog used for me to document our day to day life, but also as a form of embarrassment to my kids as they get older. No I'm just kidding, but I'm sure we'll get a good laugh one day!
- I didn't intend to use this picture of Brynley on her car in both of these comparisons, but she is so cute here and look how much better her face is getting!
- After three trips to the doctor, we were given a topical oil to use daily and it has helped clear Brynley's irritation right up! I was really getting worried for her because I could tell she was uncomfortable and I was worried it may leave scars. I know.. drama queen Mama, but I had never seen her so irritated before.
- Well, it's been an eventful day and it's taken so long to get this blog post out because of my crazy internet connection, but I'm happy to say I've been on a roll all morning, getting two loads of laundry done, a trip to the gym, and cleaned all the bathrooms.
- Some of the best advice I ever received from a guest speaker at MOPS was to start the day off with a clean, unloaded dishwasher, start and finish a load of laundry each day, and make sure to have a weekly meal planner to aid with meals. She also mentioned having the main bathroom cleaned and a bottle of clorox wipes handy for daily wipedowns too, which I'm proud to say I'v started being aware and trying to make this a daily thing too.
- Okay well I hope ya'll are off to a great week. Now it's time to get the kids settled for quiet time and a nap for Brynley, and just maybe the internet will cooporate!





So how do you make your grits? My mom has always made them with lots of cheese in them. Maybe that is just a Northern thing?
ReplyDeleteI love grits and my husband is from a northern family too (Pittsburgh) so they never had good southern food. He had never had grits or biscuits and gravy when we started dating!
ReplyDeleteAnd that is so funny that Ryder likes playing on Brynley's toys. Colt is the exact same way. Drives me crazy sometimes because he will take stuff away from her!