Monday, July 16, 2012

Blonde Moment Monday

  • Hey Ya'll and Happy Monday!
  • Let's just jump right into things shall we??
  • So I don't know if ya'll are Bachelor/Bachelorette fans, but I am and Ihave also converted Scot into one. I will say that I take a hiatus from a season from time to time, but I love Emily and think that she seems so sweet and she so pretty! So of course it is down to the final two guys, and tonight is the Men Tell All (which I skipped, because I could care less what some of the losers had to say).
  • All this to ask if you are a fan of the show. I heard rumors from my US Weekly that Roberto (from Ali's season) will become the new Bachelor. I'm not sure if there's any truth to this or not, but I loved him on Ali's season, and I didn't care much for Ali (drama queen), so if he was engaged to her, he can handle any girl!
  • This was the Holden Beach cookbook that I got during our 4th of July visit to the Chapel by the Sea. I am so excited to try some of these delicious meals, but I just wish I wasn't working out and trying to eat healthy right now. But you bet your deep fried hushpuppies that I will be tasting and trying all the dips and appetizers come football season!
  • So tonight rather than eating a half a bag of Doritos, I opted for a Healthy Choice Greek frozen yogurt, and I have to say I was rather impressed! I have been doing the strength and spinning classes everyday (well, M-Thur and some Saturdays) at the gym and I am not about to get disouraged by indulging in my snack fest just yet. I only wish I could say no to that glass of wine! Speaking of healthy eating, do ya'll have any good websites or food blogs to pass along?
  • I got the Disney Parks 2012 Vacation Planning DVD in the mail the other day and it was actually very informative and not cheesy like I thought it would be. Operation-Mickey-Mouse is underway and I am actually getting excited to take the kids this October. Brynley will get her first taste of the "Land of the Mouse", just as Ryder did when he was about a year old. I just pray that things continue to go well in my relationship with my inlaws, and that we can bare one another long enough to have fun this trip!
  • So I have mentioned before that I wear glasses and contacts, but my glasses were outdated and I ordered these, and they just came in! I love them, but I am still a contacts girl. This probably stems from the fact that I wore glasses for so many of my childhood years, and I still don't think I'm over all of the picking from classmates that went on.
  • Example) "*Snort Snort*, Lauraaaa Got Any *Snort Snort" ChEEeese?? (Steve Urkel) and because my name was Laura and the fact that I wore glasses.
  • Overall it was a low key weekend. Ryder has been a good little helper for me, and I think it's helped being home and back in our routine again. When he's around his grandparents and aunts and uncle, he doesn't think he has to listen or eat his meals. So as much fun as we had on all our recent vacations, it's always nice to be home already too.
  • Although we were looking at pictures today as I uploaded some from my phone, and Ryder said "My heart hurts and I'm sad because I want to be back at the beach." How cute!
  • I can not believe that tuition is due already for Ryder's preschool that starts next month. Not to mention I already paid my MOPS dues too. Is it the end of summer already!? As much as the heat has been extreme lately, I'm not quite ready to say hello to apples and pumpkins, and all things Fall just yet! But speaking of this, we went to Wal*Mart over the weekend to buy a water table for the kids and could not find one anywhere. They had gotten rid of most of their summer stuff and were selling school supplies in its place. Wow!
  • On Sunday, the devil was in our home and he did not want us to go to church! Scot found the AC unit was leaking water and the floor pan was completely flooded! We were worried what to do, so he called a friend who has an HVAC business and he gave him some tips to unclog the pipes. Two Home Depot and a Lowes visit later, we had found the problem (or so we think). Turns out that Brynley's messy self was the culprit and each time she gets messy bibs and washcloths in the wash, the food and debris was going into the same pipe that's shared with the AC unit pipes. Who knew? Needless to say Scot fixed the clogged pipe and we were able to still catch the later service at church!
  • Scot started his new job today and although he came home late and was loaded with information, he seemed in good spirits both as he left this morning, and after. We prayed together before he left and I just pray that God will lead him through this change in his job and give him the knowledge he needs to get the hang of everything. I am so proud of him, and I know what a change it has been for us all!
  • Well, I hope that ya'll are having a good Monday and that your weekend was filled with fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment