Friday, July 13, 2012

Bits About Brynley: 10 Months!

Date: July 13th, 2012
Age: 10 Months!
Height: not sure
Weight: not sure, no Dr appointments this month
Head: ditto
Clothes: Size 9- 12 month
Diaper: Size 3 Pampers Swaddlers and still using Pampers sensitive wipes (because girl sure can get some diaper rash these days due to teething + introducing so many new foods)
Two Months VS Four Months VS Six Months VS Eight Months VS Ten Months
Look how the Brynley Bug has grown over the months!
And Ryder at 10 months vs Brynley at 10 months. I think they really really favor one another!

This warms my heart to know that Brynley loves her pink Bunny lovey so much, since it was the very first thing I bought her, and just had a gut feeling that she was a girl before we did an ultrasound. And just seeing her play with it and get comforted by it makes me smile. I love this girl so much!
Favorite Foods: Well I haven't posted any food pictures because I think I have had plenty of them on here, and she is eating everything that we are for most meals, so I thought that I would just write about what she loves rather than take a bunch of messy highchair pics ha! Let's see.. she loves almost everything so it would be easier to tell what Brynley doesn't like. She doesn't want to be fed much pureed foods anymore and puckers up when I try to feed them to her. She also isn't a big fan of sweet potatoes anymore, and that's probably because I fed so many of them to her when she was learning to eat solids. She will gobble up green beans and bananas like nobody's businss, but they better be chunks rather than pureed or she turns her nose up at them! And I can't get food on her highchair tray fast enough when it's dinner or lunch time. LOVES scrambled eggs, pancakes, pasta, chicken, beef, noodles, breads, fruit, rice, chicken nuggets, BBQ, grapes (quartered), blueberries, apples, cheese crackers, applesauce pouches when we're on the go, Mexican food, and today she had her first taste of ice cream and a grilled cheese sandwich. I am feeding her things I waited much longer to give to Ryder, but that is the beauty of the second child. You learn that they are very resilient beings! And girl loves to eat and pretty much refuses to eat like a baby anymore

I guess I should also mention that I am done nursing her as of this week too. {cue sad face}. With all of the table food Brynley was getting, she really didn't seem to want to nurse as much, and I'm not really sure that my supply had much anyways. I had cut the nursings down to three times a day, then two, and then just the morning one and supplemented with pumped breast milk and some formula from a bottle. I kind of reached the point where I realized that we would both be happy and Brynley would still benefit from some breastmilk and I was hardly getting 2 ounces at that point, so I was happy that I self weaned and didn't experience any engorgement by dropping a feeding slowly.
Sleep Habits: Sleeping through the night! (Amen Hallelujah!) and goes down by 7:30 and wakes by 6:30 usually. Naps at 9 am and wakes at 11 to eat, then her last nap of the day at 2pm and takes just a short 30 minute nap. I have slacked off as far as getting as much as I can done during that time. I'm sure I will get back in the routine of blogging more and crafting more, but with Summer here, we have been in more relaxed mode around here these days.
Words/Mannerisms: MaMa (says this LOTS during the day and I LOVE it!), DaDa, BaBa (bottle), Baaaa(bath), and girl knows what I'm saying when I ask "Do you want to get a bath?" each night because she gets really excited! I think she has said Ryder's name too, with what sounds like Rah.

As for mannerisms, Brynley is the sweetest girl! She smiles all the time, and so many people compliment her on how sweet and loving she is. They always ask me if she cuddles into my neck like she does all the time. And she really does, she loves to hug and comes walking towards me with open arms out to hug me all the time. She is so girly and squeals but she also has so many tantrums if I set her down to run to another room or unload the dishwasher, or when I take a toy away that she isn't supposed to have. She can also throw a fit in a second! She is very concerned though if someone is crying or gets hurt! And always comes over to big brother's rescue when he is in timeout! I sure pray that my sweet baby girl stays this sweet!
Playtime: We play all kinds of things, but as you can see, she loves books and will come over and bring them one at a time. She is very curious in touching the pages and really wants to flip the pages herself. She is so smart and I hope that she loves books as much as her brother and Mommy! We love to hide and seek, play blocks, cook with her kitchen, and of course get into as much of Ryder's toys as he lets her. I usually have to preoccupy her with a random toy Ryder isn't using when we have playtime in his room, and he is getting so much better with her to share his things. She isn't drooling and slobbering all over everything as much now, so that helps haha!

I will say that after a visit to Nana and Pawpaw's house, Brynley's favorite toy has been to play the toy piano and keyboard at my moms house. She played all day on it so we brought it home and she has loved using it! Maybe she will be musical, because Ryder sure never cared to play on the pianos that we had for him. I would love to take her to dance class or music class one day!
TV Shows: I don't really think Brynley cares about TV one way or another right now. Ryder loved Baby Einsteins at this age by now, and would watch a few minutes of the TV when he'd walk past. As for Brynley, the TV is on much more with having an older brother who watches it, and she just doesn't seem to care about it. I guess this is a good thing, because as soon as she does, we will be having to fight over Care Bears versus Thomas the Train!
Big Achievements: I am just overall so proud of Brynley for doing so well walking! She has proven that she is an early walker and has no desire to stop now. She walked so good on the sand and outside, in the grass and in her shoes in different stores while shopping with her. She is also doing great at sleeping, and eating so much more this month! She loves playing and walking with these walker toys, and it makes me laugh to see she and Ryder "racing" them around the room!
Happy 10 Months to my sweet, beautiful Brynley Girl! I am already planning for your sweet first birthday party and it will be so girly and FUN! I am so proud of the many things you do each day and you make me so happy to be your Mommy. From dressing you in the cutest dresses and hairbows, to giving out lots of sweet hugs each day, I just love having a daughter.


2 comments:

  1. She is such a smiley baby! Absolutely adorable :-) She sounds like such a sweetie. Joe is really into his toy piano right now, too. It's fun to watch them "play music", isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is such a good eater and sleeper, yay! She just gets prettier and prettier everyday! Love reading about all she is doing. Such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete