Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Bits About Brynley: 42 Weeks!

July 3rd, 2012
Happy 42 Weeks Baby Girl!
Yes you turned 42 weeks while we were off enjoying some vacation time at Holden Beach last week, and since I didn't have access to any internet while we were there, I am just now posting about what you've been up to these days. You actually turned 43 weeks old today, but since you will be 10 months old on Friday, I am just going to recap last week fo Bits About Brynley.
 You are just walking up a storm now, and there aren't many times that you don't walk! You proved this while we were at the beach and you walked on the deck, inside the house at new surroundings, on the sand at the beach, and even while at Walmart to get some groceries once we arrived at the beach. You just get better and better, and more confident. You throw both hands up in the air to help you with your balance and it is just about the cutest thing ever. It always makes me smile!

Ryder started walking at 9 months too, but he went through a period where he wouldn't walk all the time. Just took steps on his own here and there, and then at 10 months really picked up. Not you baby girl! You just want to be a part of everything and there's no stopping you!  I love it!

 You have been to the beach three times now, and you still aren't quite sure of the ocean yet. You loved when I held you by the waves and it would actually put you right to sleep, but forget when I tried putting you in the water. I have noticed that you like pools when the water is warm, so maybe this has something to do with the temperature of the water and not so much the water itself.
You are just such a happy girl these days and love to flash that smile! You are such a sweet sweet girl and I just love how friendly you are and how much you love to laugh and smile. Definitely different from your rough and tumble brother who would laugh but then do something mischevious.
However, you can still be quite the drama queen at times too!
We had such a good time at the beach but yes it was hard to travel and vacation with a baby! But I have so many great memories over the past week, and especially of when you would get sleepy and lay your head on my shoulder by the ocean. You would sleep like that until it got too hot or you were ready to play in the sand again.

 I love seeing your top teeth now, and I know that you must be teething again now. Fussy + drool + low fever + diaper rash = all the signs of that infamous teething.
 On the eating homefront, I still offer you a fruit with cereal for breakfast, and have discovered these organic pouches are amazing and you just love to eat them and feed yourself! You eat so much now and I just offer whatever it is that we are having because most likely you won't stop crying and begging for what we're eating until I offer you some. Silly girl!
 This is very rare, but last night after eating rice and country style steak with green beans, you just wore yourself out! I should have known there was more to this than just being a bit tired, because you cried for a good hour this morning and nothing would soothe you. I know you have a bad case of teething going on right now! I love this picture of you though, and you only stayed like this a few minutes before waking up and smiling up at me again and being so sweet!


You are really becoming aware of body parts, especially eyes and noses and love to grab them! I try telling you their name but it sounds more like "No!!" haha!

Happy 42 Weeks Baby Girl, and I can't believe you are already turning 10 months old this week. Our trip to Holden Beach and Hilton Head really did us good because prior to our trip I had been saying you just turned 9 months, and now flash foward to the present and you are another month older!

Love,
Mommy

1 comment:

  1. I love that last picture, so cute! She is such a big girl walking all over the place. Max went from not feeding himself to refusing purees unless they are in a pouch. He now eats 90% table food. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete