You Are My Sunshine
My Only Sunshine
You Make Me Happy
When Skies Are Gray
You'll NeverKnow Dear
How Much I Love You
Please Don't Take My Sunshine Away
This is one of the songs that I always sing to Brynley, and she loves it when I sing to her, especially on days like this one where she just isn't feeling well. Since Brynley had been running a low grade fever the past few days and seemed so congested with her first cold lately, I finally decided that I didn't want it to go into the weekend or turn into an ear infection, so I went ahead and made an appointment for her to see her Pediatrician.
They got us in right away and I had to get a picture of my baby girl before seeing the Doctor. I think part of the reason yesterday was so rough was because she was fussy and nothing seemed to make her feel better. Not to mention that she just wasn't interested in taking any naps, so this Momma was tired! Dealing with a fussy baby that can't get soothed is enough to make any sane person crazy ha! We found out that it was not an ear infection like I had suspected, and I was told to just continue the suctioning with saline drops and to use her cool mist humidifier as I'd been doing too. It was a relief to know that Brynley didn't have an ear infection and I can now rest a little easier knowing it's just a tad bit of congestion that will just have to work its way out. It explains why she's been so fussy, she just doesn't feel well.
With that being said, it was a nice change to see the sunshine today too, since it's been so cold, rainy, and dreary lately, so after getting her good news we headed to the Lake to enjoy the sunshine.
I think it' safe to say that Brynley enjoyed the sunshine and her first experience digging her toes in the sand.
As did the boys! And after the day we had yesterday, it was just the thing we needed! Thank you for the sweet comments and for letting me vent. It was a rough start to the day but it ended on a very sweet note and with a little sunshine all was right with the world again.
I love your beach photos, so cute! I hope baby girl is feeling better.
ReplyDeleteI actually got that song in frames for Max's room. I really need to hang it up!
Love the lake pictures and I love singing "You are my Sunshine" too!
ReplyDelete