Monday, March 26, 2012

Blonde Moment Monday: Birthday Celebrations and MORE!

  • Happy Monday!
  • I am seriously seriously so behind blogging that I almost thought that it hadn't been by accident, and that maybe there was more truth to the fact that it's getting harder and harder to find time to blog. Not to mention the day I almost posted our Hawaii trip and within seconds of posting it, I somehow deleted it.
  • Not sure how I recovered from that moment.. but I'm getting there haha!
  • So yeah, it's been so hard to play catch up but thank goodness for Blonde Moment Mondays and all of the randomness I can throw in at ya'll!
  • Well, March is a busy time of year here for the Gelinas family because we get to celebrate not one but two birthdays!
  • Scot happened to turn 40 March 13th, and rather than have a huge party, he really just wanted to celebrate at home with me and the kids. How sweet right?

  • But no worries, because I made sure to celebrate while we were in Hawaii.
  • Scot is a surfer, so while we were in Maui, he went on a Surf Safari tour one day and got to surf the beautiful waters of Hawaii. I however, did not get any great pictures of him actually surfing because I didn't bring my lens for distance.
  • Dang it!

  • So we came home and celebrated Scot's actual 40th birthday with just us and at his request, grabbed a meal of his favorite foods: cheeseburgers, hot wings, beer, and appetizers.
  • The fact that we were still recovering from the crazy jet lag + time change+ 6 hours time difference + Brynley's 6 month growth spurt/fussy spells/teething, to say we were exhausted this night was an understatement.



But we still celebrated in style with cool candles anyways!



  •  But we couldn't stop there with the celebrations! We decided to do a St Patricks Day themed party with my parents so they could join in celebrating Scot's birthday, and since it happened to actually be St Patricks Day, why not dress in green and eat all Irish fare?
Even Brynley dressed the part! Haha she totally looks like one of the mushrooms from Mario land though right?



  • I even made Corned Beed and Cabbage (from skinnytaste.com) and had never made before, and it turned out uh-mah-zing! YUM super yum! (though it doesn't look that appealing). But trust me, and super easy throwing it all in the crockpot to cook so I didn't have to worry about over cooking anything.
  • Have I mentioned how much I love my crockpot?
  • LURVE it!



  • It was a fun day and I couldn't get enough of embarrasing Scot with having everything 40 on it! He was in denial of turning the BIG FOUR-OH but now that it's come and gone I don't really think it's phased him at all.
  • Of course having the distraction of a busy 3 year old that constantly demands attention, and a very fussy 6 month old at times, who has a minute to reflect on their age anymore?
  • I'm lucky to remember to moisturize at the end of a crazy day and even crazier night haha!


  • So I'm getting very excited about Easter in a few weeks!
  • I found a deal on Brynley's smocked Easter Bunny dress I found on Zulily ( I refuse to pay $80 for a cute smocked dress), and it looked soooo cute on her!
  • Scot doesn't understand my love for all things smocked and monogrammed, and he has to make a comment everytime I mention wanting more of each.
  • But then he sees how cute it looks on and he shuts up for awhile.
  • I went ahead and pulled out all of our cute Easter stuff, including all of these figurines, and the hen is the new addition my inlaws just mailed to Ryder and Brynley.




  • Ryder has an Easter Egg Hunt and party at his preschool this week, so we loaded up on some goodies for his class and got to work stuffing the bags and then I decided we should do a cute Easter Bunny craft.



  • And like I mentioned earlier, March is definitely a busy month for birthdays.
  •  I celebrated my 29th birthday yesterday and requested a day with my family at my moms house, and all of my favorite foods for her to make. Baked chicken with macaroni and cheese, and angel food cake with strawberries and whipped cream for dessert. (I usually request chicken and dumplins' or fried chicken but am still trying to be good even though we have been eating like Kings since )being on vacation- Yikes!)
  • But Scot wouldn't let me go having a birthay and not celebrate during the whole weekend, so he surprised me with goodies and gifts Saturday.
  • So yea, if you do the math we are 11 years apart. We joke that it's really more like 5 when you factor in I'm mature for my age and he's pretty silly at times!


  • Somehow we ended up having cake in bed to blow the candles out!
  •  
  • It was a fun night but I forgot to mention the crazy hail storm we had during the day and the bad thunderstorms through the night too! I really got scared at one point, but felt safe with Scot next to me. I couldn't believe the kids both slept right through it all!

  • We went to church yesterday morning and did some shopping before heading over to my moms house for a late lunch.
I have so much to be thankful for and feel so loved and blessed!

  • My mom is truly the most kind, genuine woman ever and I strive to be more like her! I love her so much and hope to be half the mom to my kids as she has been to me over the years.

  • I was so happy to see my brother and sister in law. They are thinking about starting a family of their own soon and I couldn't be happier to be an Aunt hopefully soon!

It was such a good weekend, and I am just so humbled by the life that God has given me!
I hope to catch up more soon, but just wanted to share the fun we've been having around here lately. So what's new with ya'll??

3 comments:

  1. Your March sounds like our June - Chris' birthday is the 12th and Joe's is the 14th!

    It looks like you've all be having a blast. And so much cake! I had to laugh about the angel food cake, because that's what I always request for my birthday (don't always get it, but always request it! they don't have angel food over here, can you believe it?!).

    Glad you were able to have such a great time and spend it with your family :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to you and your hubby! March birthdays are the best :)

    All my meals this week are crock pot meals. I love that thing! It has made cooking so much easier since I am on my own so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so behind as well so I totally understand! Happy birthday! I love the picture of Ryder looking at the cake while in bed.

    And while I havent bought any smocking, I am so addicting to baby girls clothes. Its a bit of an addiction! So I get it :)

    ReplyDelete