Sweet Brynley (Bryn Bryn, Bunny, Brynley Bug, Baby Girlie),
You turned six months old today!
Date: March 13th, 2012
Age: 6 Months!
Weight:
Height:
Head:
I will have to go back and record all of your measurements at your next Dr Appointment next week to see just how much you've grown. Based on our reaction when we saw you after being away for a few days, I would most definitely say you are at least 15 pounds!
Mommy and Daddy were so happy to see our baby girl after being away for so long! It was just a few days but it felt much longer than that. You looked so cute in the dress and playing with your new Hawaiian doll that we brought back for you. We decided that we don't want to ever be gone that long from you and you brother for awhile!
Clothes:
Currently wearing 6-9 and some 9 month. I dd buy your Hawaiian dress in a 12 month size and it looks like you may barely get but a few uses out of it this Spring! (or maybe they run smaller in Hawaii haha!) It all depends again, based on what brand and when you hit your growth spurt, which you seem to be doing right now. I had to go through another round of clothes to put away for you and it seemed like I just did that!Diaper Size:
Size 2 Pampers Swaddlers, but I think in the next few weeks we will switch you to size 3's. We are also still using the Pampers Sensitive wipes on you to be safe since you are sensitive just like your brother and Mommy. As Ryder got older, we switched him to Target brand diapers and we may do the same with you!
Eating:
You still eat about 4-5 oz every 3 hours and no the time change did not treat you nicely! You seem to still be off about an hour, which as a pleasant thing for Mommy and Daddy to come home to considering we were already having a 5 hour time change and Jet lag to deal with. Here's to hoping that we all adjust to the Daylight Savings Time soon!! We still give you the big bottle of breastmilk with a scoop of formula before bed, and I am nursing you through the day. I was a little worried going away for so long, but I have pumped my supply and nursed you about back to where we were before I left thankfully.
You are continuing to eat organic browm rice cereal and applesauce for breakfast, and today I mixed the two together with a little breastmilk and you loved it! However, I made your first batch of pureed green beans and the verdict is still out. I'm going with a big fat no based on the faces you made though haha!
Sleeping:
Taking most naps in your crib now, and we have broken your from being swaddled completely and have for awhile now. You take three pretty good naps still, morning, lunch, and afternoon thank goodness! Sleeping at night varies night to night. Some patterns seem to wake after an hour or so being asleep and taking about 4 more oz to eat before going to bed through the night. Others, you wake twice, so it all depends on factors like growth spurts, teething, time changes, being back home, etc.
Playtime:
When getting your diaper changed, you love playing with the wipes box and I find you rlling over to grab it an then I can hardly get your diaper fastened on you! I think you must like the sound the lid makes? You also still love playing on a blanket with a mix of dolls, blocks, toys, and some of Ryder's toys and games too. I am learning to be fast about moving things you don't need to get into from your reach. Some of these favorites you like grabbing are paper towels, pens, and pretty much anything and everything that you can grab.
You still like your Jumparoo, and even more so now than you did just a few weeks ago! You shrieked for joy and it was so loud I thought you were hurt at first, before realizing you were just having a great time.Big Achievements:
You are really doing well with tummy time, lifting your whole body up and looking around, getting into the crawling position. You also "creep" and want to move so bad you can hardly stand it! There are so many Big Achievements to name this month and I can't believe how many things you are starting to do. Where has my itty bitty baby gone?
You continue to prefer standing to sitting, but have started sitting unassisted a lot better lately! Daddy loves to practice "walking" with you, and you actually took a few steps while he was holding you up. I know it won't be long my love, until you are full speed ahead. I don't know if I'm quite ready for this just yet! I got a little carried taking pictures of you today with your Daddy, but you were so proud of yourself as you practiced steps and kept looking over at me like "Look at Me Mommy! I'm a Big Girl Now!!"
Brynley I love you so so so much and I missed you and Ryder so much while we were in Hawaii. I have just realized that I want to do vacations as a family and take you and your brother to so many fun places one day. I want to do fun family trips and can't wait for all of the milestones we have in store for you this year and more. Your first Easter, Holden Beach trips, family beach trips this summer, road trips possibly to see Grammy and Grampa in Florida, your first time in the pool, your first time crawling, your first steps, and so so much more. I love everything there is about having a girl of my own and can not imagine the fun we will have with you. Dressing you alone is so much fun!
HAPPY SIX MONTHS BABY GIRL
Love,
Mommy
6 months - how time flies! I'll bet it was great to get back to her and Ryder after your trip, even with the DST change :-)
ReplyDeleteI've heard that it takes 10 tries before a baby gets used to a new taste - don't give up on green beans just yet, Brynley!
Can you believe we have 6 month olds?! We'll be planning their first birthday parties any minute!
ReplyDeleteIts going WAY TOO FAST!!! Sula's favorite toy is her wipes case too! We use Target sensitive wipes. They aren't in a hard case and made lots of noise. She loves it!
ReplyDeleteThis age is so much fun!